With the August Bank holiday fast approaching, it is a good idea to plan ahead to make the most out of the end of the summer. If you, your friends or your family are worried about travel sickness, here are 8 top tips from Sea-Band to help you stay on top form.
1. First things first: take the queasy calculator quiz to detect your risk of feeling queasy on your next trip.
2. Plan ahead - avoid excessive alcohol and spicy or fat-rich foods that leave you feeling over-full, as they can increase the chances of motion sickness in some people
3. Avoiding strong food odours may also help prevent nausea, and position yourself near a source of fresh air if possible
4. Try to choose a seat where you will experience the least motion. The middle of an airplane over the wing is the calmest area of an airplane. On a ship, those in lower level cabins near the centre of a ship generally experience less motion than passengers in higher or outer cabins
5. Try and sit in the front seat of a car and where possible avoid sitting away from your direction of travel whenever possible
6. Do not read or spend too much time on your phone or electronic devices while traveling if you are at all prone to motion sickness
7. Isolate yourself from others who may be suffering from motion sickness, listening to others talk about motion sickness or seeing others becoming ill is the last thing you need to see or hear!
8. Be prepared and wear Sea-Band, the innovative acupressure wrist bands are clinically proven to relieve motion sickness. They come in both adult and child versions so that the whole family can be travel sickness-free
So whether your nausea fear is long car journeys, ferry crossings or bumpy flights, plan ahead with Sea-Band and wave goodbye to travel nausea!