Thursday, 25 February 2016

Spring Gardening - Storage Solution From Garden Buildings Direct


Spring is finally in the air! I always get excited when my Hyacinths make an appearance, it tells me that it is time to start getting my garden ready for the warmer months ahead. I spend a lot of time in my garden from now up until about October so I like to prepare early in the year. I usually have a bonfire, burning any old brambles or wood that I have managed to accumulate over the winter. I like to prune my Himalayan Honeysuckle's, Jasmine, Clematis and Buddleia's this time of year and I trim my conifers.


When organizing your garden storage is really important to keep your tools and equipment protected and tidy. It doesn't have to be a big shed, some people just don't have the room. A bike shed is perfect if your garden is smaller, or even if you have more space a 6 x 4 BillyOh Ashingdon metal shed is perfect. Not only can it store your bike but it is a great size for a lawn mover, garden tools and spare pots. 


Garden Buildings Direct supply a good range of garden sheds, all different sizes and styles. I ordered the BillyOh Ashingdon metal shed which is priced from £169 and it arrived within a few days by two friendly delivery drivers. I received a confirmation of delivery via email and I also received a phone call checking the delivery time was convenient. I really like this type of service because it gives you the opportunity to change your delivery should you need to.

Building the shed took us two days because this time of year the weather is unpredictable and every now and then we had rain showers, but usually it should only take a few hours with two people. Be careful of the sharp edges, wear gloves. The edges are not a problem once built, just be careful when building.





The BillyOh Ashingdon Metal Shed features:

  • Hot dipped galvanised steel throughout
  • Strong entry/exit ramp across door width opening
  • Uncomplicated home assembly in approx. 4 hours (help required to eaves height)
  • MAINTENANCE FREE* and LONG LASTING
  • 15 Year 'No Rust Perforation' Warranty

We placed our shed at the bottom of our garden and planted a Himalayan honeysuckle (a cutting from an established bush in my garden) next to it, which will eventually grow a good eight foot tall and will disguise the shed. 

Bottom Line - What do we think? I love the sliding doors and the fact that it has a protective powder coating so no need for varnishing and maintenance. It is also weather proof with a fifteen year warranty, so I wont need to replace it for a long time. You also have the option of ordering a wooden base at the checkout, we didn't as hubby had some strong wood stored in the garden that he wanted to use up. Excellent quality, highly recommend.

Big thumbs up from The Syders!



*We were provided with a 6 x 4 BillyOh Ashingdon metal shed from Garden Buildings Direct free of charge for the purpose of this review. Our thoughts and opinions are 100% honest and unbiased. 


2 comments:

  1. This is just the thing that I want for our new garden - so that Luke can store his tools outside instead of inside the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sliding doors, that's a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...