Monday, 8 February 2016

Slimfast Challenge


I have always been quite the fan of Slimfast, ever since I had my first baby back in 1990. The first time I used it I lost three stone in three months, so it is no surprise that it was my chosen weight loss program after having my next three kids. 

Twenty six years later and losing weight seems much harder. As I get older I am finding the weight much more difficult to lose and I have noticed a definite slowing down of my metabolism. The pounds do not just fall off me anymore, I have to work a little harder.

I spotted the #SlimfastChallenge on Twitter and thought I'd love to give it a go again after all these years. To be honest, I was not really convinced that I would be able to stick with it. I'm a woman in my mid forties and I love my grub. I like my comfort food, but I feel so unhealthy being over weight so I was determined to give the seven day challenge my best shot.


The plan is very straight forward and that is what I most like about it. The fact that I don't need to spend my day thinking about food and what I can eat or can't eat really appeals to me. I like the simple 3,2.1 approach because it keeps me organised with what I'm eating. 


What I do on a daily basis is start by putting my 3 x 100 kcal snacks aside for the day. I usually have a piece of fruit, a crisp type snack in the afternoon and a chocolate snack in the evenings. I always make sure I have an evening snack because that is the most difficult part of the day for me with regards to sticking to a diet. I'm always at my hungriest when I'm watch Eastenders.

Meals - For my evening meals I buy low calorie ready meals. I prefer to do this because that way I know exactly what calories I am eating and I don't have to put any thought into it. Sometimes I'll add some salad to it or a slice of bread if I'm craving carbs. As for my water intake, I find it keeps my hunger pangs at bay if I have a bottle of water constantly by my side. 

Slimfast Challenge App - This app is really helpful. You can set your goals, track your weight, find 600kcal recipe ideas, exercise programmes and a photo gif generator to show your progress. I also joined the Slimfast Challenge facebook group which is really supportive and friendly.

Exercise - For my exercise I have been doing my Davina DVD 3 x times a week and I have just bought an exercise bike. I also walk every day, even if it is just around the block, I go on my walk. 

The Results:
I lost 3lbs! Yay! Since then I have lost a further 7lb. I have a lot of weight to lose so I'm still on the plan and aiming to lose three stone for the summer, so watch this space.

15 comments:

  1. wow you are doing so so well :) I have never tried slimfast x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing amazingly well, really well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Here's hoping you reach your goal in time for summer x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that sounds like such a simple plan, I love the sound of it.

    What do the shakes actually taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the weight loss! I always thought to try it but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, like you say it is so hard the older you get, I've had to do stuff I would never have considered a few years ago. If it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to kickstart my weightloss again and this sounds like the perfect challenge. Well done of the results so far

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always found slimfast works well for me - because it is quite rigid so you dont have to think to much! My problem is always keeping it off when I go back to normal eating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Slimfast certainly sounds better than it did when I first discovered it many moons ago. I may have to give it a try x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done it sounds like its working really well for you, the snacks look quite tasty too, I like my comfort food and am finding it very hard to cut back but some useful suggestions here for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh well done Emma that's amazing!!! It's really interesting to read this as I'm notoriously bad at dieting - or thinking I'm dieting! I'm on the Slimpod programme at the moment, seems to be helping a lot so far as I'm down 8lbs. You've reminded me I still haven't done Davina (so to speak!), must get on and do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of doing something like this to kick start things for me. I had been losing weight, but I am now just maintaining. Haven't got too much to lose though so it's difficult to motivate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a brilliant weight loss - well done you x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go you! I love my grab too and I am using the Slimpod this time to try and shift the pounds. Hope we both got good news, come summer!xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. 10lbs is awesome! I have lost a couple of stone in the last few years and whilst I find My Fitness Pal really useful for tracking food, it is such an arse working out the calories in home made dinners.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...