Wednesday, 3 February 2016

How To Make A Two Tier KitKat Cake





What You Need:

  • Ready made birthday cake serving 12 - 15
  • Ready made cake serving 6
  • Ready made fondant icing
  • 3 x packets of 16 two finger kitkats
  • 16 x Ferrero Rocher (or any other sweet or chocolates of your choice)
  • 3 x bags of Galaxy eggs  (or any other sweet or chocolates of your choice)
  • 2 metres of ribbon
  • packet of straws



Instructions:

Slide about 6 x straws into the middle of the bottom tier.

1. Unbox your cakes, cut down some straws and poke them into the center of your larger cake (which will be the bottom tier). This gives your cake the strength to hold your second tier.

2. Start sticking your kitkats or Cadbury fingers around the outside of the bottom cake. You can secure them with a blob of ready made icing.

3. Carefully place your second tier on top of the larger cake, then stick kitkats or fingers around the cake. Ensuring they are standing straight.

4. Tie your ribbom around both cakes to secure the kitkats and fingers are tightly in place and for decoration.

5. Fill around the edge of the bottom tier with golden eggs or sweets/chocolates of your choice. Then fill the top of the cake with your Ferrero Rocher. 






Like this Recipe? 
'Pin it' to come back to later.


20 comments:

  1. That looks AMAZING, Emma!
    Would quite like a slice right now... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its not good for my diet though, lol xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great idea and perfect for creating a a last minute cake at short notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness my mouth is watering. wow wow wow Thank you for posting. I have always wanted to try making a kitkat cake xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Mrs might have just saved my bacon. We get back from a week away the night before my daughter's birthday and I don't have time to be making Totoro cakes like I usually do! :D I will have to make the chocolate cake however as we can't buy anything half that civilised off the shelves here... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow. I have done cakes with chocolate fingers, but never kitkats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Emma this looks absolutely amazing! I'd be useless making this as I'd just want to eat as I went, fabulous though. Love to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is my soon to be 16 year olds cake sorted - looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this just looks absolutely amazing! Fav'd for the birthdays later this year x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at Ferrero Rocher! This cake looks absolutely amazing I've always wanted to make one of these, your steps look really easy so may just have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea. There must be somebody out there doing kitkat ripoffs mustn't there? I don't buy Nestle so their stuff is out of bounds for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes there is Erica, Asda do their own version x

      Delete
  11. Wow this is so simple and it looks amazing!

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing! Very luxurious with the gold! And easy too.... I'll have to try this one x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fabulous, it has really transformed the ready made cakes into something very grand! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So simple and looks so good, it's just about perfect for my level of baking skill ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cakes looks amazing and I love that it's so simple to make - even I could do it x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks out of this world, you make it sound so simple but it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. The stress used to support top cake - are these just normal strews? I'm wondering if I should put the top cake on a board

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Yes they are just normal straws. I find that supports the top cake perfectly without a board x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...