- 110g/4oz butter or margarine
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a wooden spoon, adding drops of milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Place a marble in the top of each tin hole.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a blunt knife inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Decorate with pink icing.