Monday, 11 January 2016

Bathroom Makeover On A Budget


We have lived in our tiny coastal home for nearly seven years and I am slowly working through our house makeover. It has been a slow process but we are finally nearly halfway there. The rooms downstairs are now completed and I'm delighted with how things have turned out. We started by replacing our kitchen on a tight budget of £1,200, then I moved on to decorating our lounge on a budget in a retro madmen style.

My bathroom is really tiny and is downstairs which was a bit annoying to start with but I have got used to dashing down the stairs for the loo in the middle of the night and it doesn't really bother me as much. As the room is so small it is important to keep it clutter free and to use colors that draw in the light from the small window. 


We stripped off the old ghastly wallpaper and replaced it with a metallic silver design. The light literally bounces off the walls, I love it. I love camper vans and I was keen to have a little retro in this room to match the rest of the house, so this paper is perfect. 



Hubby added some budget white tiles to the bottom walls for easy cleaning. He had never tiled before but watched a few You Tube videos and took his time. I'm very pleased with the result and we saved a small fortune by doing it ourselves. 

We also searched in bathroom shops for sales and found a closing down sale where we picked up a great mirror with a light and a modern white towel rail radiator for an astonishing £20 each. Hubby needed some help from my brother to install the radiator, and I totally love it.

The flooring matches the rest of the downstairs and we picked it up on ebay for a bargain price.





What do you think?





Happy and Home at A Residence blog

18 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks like a trendy hotel bathroom! I'm so impressed. Absolutely love that wallpaper and think you have done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the wallpaper - what a brill funky little bathroom. Very cosy you have done a great job there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an inspiration! I'd love a towel radiator in our bathroom, and I'm seriously impressed you managed to get one for £20. That's incredible. It looks fabulous - just goes to show what you can do if you use a bit of nous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks so amazing. I absolutely love it. For some reason I always find the bathroom to be the hardest room to decorate and you did such a wonderful job of it. Love the wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that wallpaper - it looks amazing. Never thought of using wallpaper in a bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so different - well done! It's hard with small spaces but I think that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a transformation. I think that the wallpaper makes it, although I wouldn't have been brave enough to use it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the wallpaper! It's the kind of thing that would make you smile everytime you went in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I really love it! The wallpaper is fab, as it that gorgeous wooden floor x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love what you have done! It looks so much bigger as well! Hope all is good, happy belated 2016! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bathroom looks amazing now to be honest it looks much much better xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that wallpaper! What a great job you've done, I wish I was a bit more handy around the home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love it! My bathroom is in desperate need of a makeover. Yours looks great :) Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks so good, you'd never know that it was done on a budget at all. Sounds like you managed to grab some great bargains as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love it! What a difference, you must be thrilled with it. Well done for working your way round the house, our place is in need of the same. Ideally I was looking for a lottery win so we can build an extension but it's not materialised yet. Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks lovely, it's amazing what you can achieve with a small budget and shopping around. Fab job on the tiling too, I love that job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so cool! Love that wallpaper so much. You have given me no excuse, the bathroom needs sorting here! Thanks so much for joining #happyandhome. Sorry not to get here sooner, my internet keeps flipping out x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - what a difference. Like Penny says it's so cool - fab wallpaper and I really do think bathrooms can be bold too. #happyandhome

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...