Thursday, 13 August 2015

Lulworth Cove in Dorset



Lulworth Cove in Dorset is one of those places that you have to visit to appreciate it's charm. Photo's simply do not do it justice. The scenery is stunning and the atmosphere is friendly. The perfect place for walking, a picnic, fudge, buckets & spades and proper fish and chips.

We visited with our kids who are in their twenties and our teenagers while we were down in Dorset for Camp Bestival 2015. The whole family enjoyed the cove so much that they want to return next year and stay longer. 


The shingle beach is a short walk from the car park park at the visitor center along a quaint narrow road, lined with charming cottages, a fudge shop, duck pond, pub and souvenir shops. Once you reach the bottom of the road you are blown away by the prettiness of the cove. We visited during the summer holidays on a scorching, hot day so it was really busy with tourists, but I can imagine on a quiet day the cove is the perfect spot for peace and tranquility.


If you take the tiny turning next to the visitors centre and walk up a small hill you will be greeted by a lovely view, and perfect for those who would struggle to climb the giant hill towards Durdle Door. The great colossal formation of rocks in this area is breathtaking as they stand deviant against the ocean as the waves gently tumble around their base.




If you do manage to climb the large hill at the car park you will be rewarded with the most breathtaking views. It is a hard walk, so make sure you have comfy shoes, sunscreen and a bottle of water. The view from the top can not be put into words. It is just too beautiful.



All that walking builds up quite the appetite so I recommend when you get back down to the bottom you enjoy a fish and chip lunch at Finleys. It is the best chippy you will ever visit. We tried the cod, fish cakes, pasties and battered sausage, all were cooked to perfection. Reasonably priced too!





Have you visited the area before? 
Do you have any local recommendations for us for when we return next summer?



18 comments:

  1. oh wow this looks amazing .. the water looks so clear .. this is a place we would love as a family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I went once when I was younger with my mum and dad and one day will hope to get there with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Lulworth Cove and are very lucky to live so close. Hope you enjoy your stay when you visit next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your photos - we always think about going when we are at Camp Bestival but never make it even though it's right there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to Dorset before but I have just added it to my places to visit after seeing your beautiful photos! It looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to Dorset but it is on my list because there are so many things down that way of the world that I want to see and do x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Dorset a few years ago and I'm keen to return, fossil hunting is what I associate with the area. Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This place looks amazing! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scenery is stunning. I don't think anything beats eating fish and chips by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to read this as we were there just the other day! We were visiting our friends in Weymouth and they took us for the walk to Durdle Door, then we walked down to Lulworth Cove. It really was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic looking place, so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door although it can be a hairy walk with small people in tow as some of the cliff tops are not fenced off. Man O War bay seems to get missed as the poor neighbour but I love the beach for its sheltered waters and face in the rocks as well as lots of nooks and cranny;s to explore

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lulworth, havent been there for a couple of years as Max is a nightmare for running wild. Can't wait to take him though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, we have never visited the area but it certainly looks like the place to be on a dry, summer day! The fish and chips sounds amazing too :-)!xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What stunning scenery an I would like to visit

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had me at proper fish and chips! Yes, yes please! :D Gorgeous place, and lovely photography Emma! (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it there, we visited it whilst vising Dorset earlier this year. It really is beautiful and you are right no photo can do it justice but your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos making me want to visit and take my family there now! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...