Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Juicing - Ginger And Apple Shots


I am a huge fan of juicing since buying my juicer in 2014. I super-juiced myself by going on a 14 day juice fast last year and I felt incredible. It was a tough fortnight but there were some great benefits to doing it, like I lost two stone, my blood pressure dropped considerably (my doctor nearly fell off her chair and even thought her blood pressure monitor was faulty) and I discovered the power of a plant based diet and the health benefits of certain juices. My favorite are apple and ginger shots. They are so quick and easy and simple to freeze in ice cube trays or bags.

Start your day with an apple and ginger shot and you will notice your energy levels increase almost immediately (better than an espresso). They are also said to be fabulous for your immune system, fighting off those colds, morning sickness, hayfever (ginger is a natural antihistamine), heartburn and helps to aid digestion.

What You Need: (fills two ice cube bags - so double or triple ingredients for a good supply)
  • 8 x Apples
  • 2" Fresh Ginger
  • Ice cube trays or bags
Method - Simple, just juice up your ingredients, pour into your ice cube trays/bags and freeze. Pop a few out into a glass every morning, let defrost and knock back.




Have you discovered juicing yet? 
Noticed any benefits?
 Got any tips for me?

15 comments:

  1. Apple and ginger is a great juice combo! I love the idea of freezing the shots, means you can prep in advance and have no excuses! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea - freezing the shots like that is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great idea. I would love to juice, thinking about doing a juice fast too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, simple and very delicious sounding. Ginger is so good for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of ginger and apple. I really should get a juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum. I'd never have thought of freezing them as shots. I love ginger in juices, carrot and orange it goes nicely with.

    Interesting to hear about your 14 day juice fast. Can I read more about that on here? I'm off to search :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh you lost 2 stones in 2 weeks!? I think I need to do this! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow 2 stone in 2 weeks? Really? I havent managed that in 9 months x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds amazing I might have to give this a try! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't use our juicer as much as we should, but perhaps we will now that I know your 'ice cube' trick. Why did that never occur to me before???!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please tell me more, I need to lose about two stones too, I have put so much weight on since we lost Georgie and I cannot bring myself to exercise regularly yet! Did you do juicing exclusively for two weeks? Any tips or blog posts you wrote during the detox?xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this looks delicious - great idea to freeze them too

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd never thought of this combination. Definitely will be trying this. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a simple but brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea, I have been trying out the Jason Vale juicing recipes over the last few months and love them - this idea is really good as it saves so much time too :) Pinned for later!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...