Monday, 8 June 2015

Thrifty Home Hacks From Bisselll




Mouldy Dishwasher:
If your dishwasher needs a clean, place a cup of vinegar on the top shelf and wash on the hottest cycle to kill mould, mildew and fungus.

Cleaning Make Up Brushes:
To clean make up brushes without spending money on pricey cleaners, swirl them in a solution of olive oil and dishwashing liquid to remove grime.

Dirty Kids Toys:
Put them in the dishwasher for a thorough clean.

Oven Cleaning:
Spray a solution of baking soda and water on built up oven grime. Wipe down when oven is still slightly warm for an organic oven cleaning solution.

Remove Marmite Stains:
To remove Marmite stains do not rub the area with a dry paper towel. Instead, dilute the stain with water to loosen the paste and colour. Absorb the excess water with a dish cloth. 

Broken Glass:
Use slices of bread to clean up the shards. Press the slices into the area to help pick up fragments of glass.

Dusty Lampshades:
If you have dusty lampshades, use a lint roller to remove excess dust and fibre particles.

Stainless Steel Surfaces: 
To keep your stainless steel surfaces in good nick, rub a cotton cloth in one direction at a time. Moving in the direction of the grain can help remove light marks. Finish in a straight line for a mark free finish.

Bissell have some great on-going 3 for 2 offers on their long-lasting cleaning formulations and to test how good they are, they sent me some 'wash and protect carpet cleaning formula' which we used with our Vax carpet cleaner to was our downstairs carpets. We have two cats and a dog so I was keen to get rid of any animal pongs. It worked really well and cleaned the carpets beautifully. We will be swapping our regular carpet cleaner for this one.



*Bissell is a family owned corporation and has developed and created the world’s best cleaning tools. From the deep down microscopic source of your family’s wheezing and sneezing to the stains, dirt and animal dander that wreak havoc on your home life. Bissell have redefined the concept of clean with a family of innovative floor care products such as vacuums, carpet sweepers etc.  

19 comments:

  1. Ooh what great tips, really need to clean the oven so am going to try that one today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great tips - I like the dishwasher one. I'll try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried the glass and lampshade ideas before. I really like them and can see that they would work well. Thank you for sharing these! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never wash makeup brushes in dishwasher fluid. Try a mid shampoo instead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant tips. I am going to print them out to try this weekend! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the broken glass idea - I'll need to remember that x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love household tips, I have a book of these and love leafing through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baking Soda and bleach is brilliant for cleaning bathroom grout x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great tips here. I love finding out new to me tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great tips, the dishwasher one especially although the bread and glass is genius! I've heard about soda for the oven before although I still can't face it. I might have to get someone in to blitz it :-0

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips and you should add it to fabulously frugal on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just yesterday I noticed how bad the oven was getting and my heart sank at the thought of having to clean it. I'm going to try the baking soda tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips, especially the one about bread and glass. I will use that one in the future, the kids are always dropping something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bread!!!! So obvious now I think of it lol. Cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tips ~ I'll have to get cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are such great tips - we're having a big spring clean this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would have never thought of putting toys in the dishwasher! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tips! Toys in the dishwasher - my son would love to help out with that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic tips. I'll definitely be using one or more of these.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...