Monday, 1 June 2015

Shop Locally - Cherry Wine Summer Fruit Punch Recipe


Today is the start of the East of England Co-op Sourced Locally Fortnight (1st-14th June), and it is the ideal time to sample some of the fantastic goods from East Anglia’s finest producers. The Sourced Locally campaign aims to show people just how excellent your local farmers, butchers, brewers and bakers are and the East of England Co-op want to make sure that buying local food and drink is as easy as possible. Buying local is a great way to help your local producers and economy grow.

I popped along to my East of England Co-op to see what local produce they had on offer for a family BBQ that I will be hosting next week and I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of choice I had and the very reasonable prices. I must admit I was expecting to pay a lot more for sourced locally products when I walked into the shop, and I half expected to not get as much for my money. However, I ended up getting great value for money and I am delighted with the products.

I managed to get fresh burgers, sausages, diced pork, ribs, ketchup, BBQ sauce, cider and some cherry wine that I plan on using to make a scrummy summer punch. I picked up some great locally produced products for our summer BBQ for under £40. I'm so pleased and I will definitely be buying these local products again.



  • Want to Get involved?
    Try swapping at least one of your everyday items for a fresher, tastier local one over the next two weeks to help co-op celebrate your local producers. Stay up-to-date on the East of England Co-op’s Twitter account @EoECoop and follow the #iheartlocal hashtag.


*We were sent co-op vouchers for the purpose of sampling locally produced products for this blog post. Our opinions are entirely our own and unbiased.

19 comments:

  1. Oh Cherry wine, it makes me think of "We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off" by Jermaine Stewart. I try to shop local as and when I can

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that cherry wine punch sounds LUSH! I love a local farm shop, we have a great one a few miles away, and I love shopping there when I can x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting. I bet it would be fabulous in a cocktail, so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds like a drink that would be far to easy to drink in a good way haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one thing I miss about the north, locally sourced food x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a really good idea. I like supporting locally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think shopping local is a great thing to do if possible. We had a great butcher at our old house but have yet to find on here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely sounding wine - it is always nice to find locally sourced items as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great initiative, I hope that it goes well. It's good to support local producers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh cherry wine sounds fantastic , i bet it is so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fruit wines - yum!! I do like our local farmers market for fresh bread and cheese too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do try to buy locally sourced products although it is very difficult sometimes with the shops selling stuff from Australia and New Zealand with no alternatives. Good to find somewhere that makes an effort to stock local stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that sounds and looks yummy! Perfect for a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love naturally sourced food , it is so scummy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do love local food. We have some great produce at a farm in Surrey that's not too far away. It's SO good there although you spend a fortune as it's all so tasty! My in-laws are in Suffolk and there is so much choice there, we do sometimes bring things back and the drop a few bits off occasionally too. You have some absolute gems, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh Cherry Wine sounds lovely and so summery

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow I love that, how great that they're supporting locally - and those products looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always try and buy local produce - never tried fruit wines though

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have oodles of local producers in Pembrokeshire - and lots of schemes to support them. Thank you for sharing. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...