Thursday, 11 June 2015

Fathers Day Gift Ideas On A Budget

With Father's Day fast approaching I thought I would share some ideas for gifts on a budget from Truprint. As you know I love photo gifts and I'm rather partial to a montage so I can display my family with pride around my home. Hubby loves photo's too, so I decided to make him a 'manly' collage using our surname for a Father's Day surprise. It is really easy to make and all you need is an old frame, some paint and photo's.

Get Up To £30 off by using the code LOVEMYDAD at the the Truprint checkout. Last orders for Fathers Day is Monday June 15th 2015.



Create A Photo Collage
Step By Step Guide




1 - Find an old frame. I used an old picture that has not been used for about six years and I had it hidden away in the shed, but if you pop down to your local charity shop they always have a box of old frames.

2. Remove the backing. Unclip the backing from the frame and usually you will find some card or you could use the back of the original picture to begin creating your montage.

3. Write the name. I decided to make a montage using our surname, but you could use any words you want like 'DAD' 'FATHER' or his christian name, whatever you want. Begin by pencilling in the words in big bubble letters then cut out the letters. 

4. Paint. I wanted black paint but use whatever you have, or buy some tester pots from the DIY shop to paint your frame and the card that you have just cut out with your name on. I used satin and it worked really well.

5. Assemble. Leave to dry for a few days then carefully position your photos to fit in nicely behind the cut out letters, secure photo's in place with tape. It takes a bit of fiddling around at this stage to position the photo's perfectly. Then put the back of the frame on and you are finished. 

If you do not feel you have time to make a photo collage in a frame then you could easily create a giant poster collage like I have. I decided to make Hubby a collage of our time in North Devon, which I know he will love. It is basically just like a giant photo and cost £19.99 for a 40" x 30" poster. It is huge and really easy to do. I also purchased personalised Father's Day cards and a keyring for only £2.99 and the cards were under £3.00 each.



Up to £30 off your order

  1. Code LOVEMYDAD gives £10 discount on order £20-£49.99 and £30 discount on orders £50 or more
  2. Minimum spend does not include P&P charges
  3. Offer is valid until midnight 15th June 2015.
  4. Offer is valid for single use during the promotional period and to customers residing in the UK on Truprint.co.uk only.
  5. P&P charges will apply
  6. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or on pre-paid prints.
  7. Please allow an additional 1-2 delivery days during this promotional period.



*Disclaimer: I was given £50 credit to spend at Truprint for the purpose of this post, all opinions are my own and unbiased. 

22 comments:

  1. What great ideas, love that collage! So original :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I created a photo collage of my son when he was 18, and this is a super idea for Father's Day. I never know what to buy my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely ideas for Father's Day - I always find it a bit of a struggle to find the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - thanks for sharing. We love making collages with photos x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative of you. That photo frame/collage is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely and what a lovely gift it would make as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo collage is wonderful. What a great idea, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super crafty idea, great present. I still need to think of something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good reuse of a frame. They can be so expensive to buy new, so it's always worth searching charity shops...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo collage!! I have never seen anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of a photo collage, a really fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. we seem to have a garden theme this year for my husband and the childrens dad, maybe a nice unbrella for him to enjoy his new garden under

    ReplyDelete
  13. A photo collage is such a great gift idea, how creative x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love a good photo present idea as it gives such a personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic idea. well done! It's so hard to pick something unusual for Father's Day, men are so hard to buy for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these Father's Day ideas...I really need to get moving with coming up with something so thank you for the inspiration, the collage is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Syders picture, you've done such a great job, well done Emma. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab idea! and I do think that homemade gifts are such a lovely personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have just done a collage canvas for Daddy for Fathers Day

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea, photo collages always make lovely gifts!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is brilliant Emma, what a great idea. Looks wonderful too - you've done an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a great idea - I hope you had a lovely Fathers Day. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...