With Father's Day fast approaching I thought I would share some ideas for gifts on a budget from Truprint. As you know I love photo gifts and I'm rather partial to a montage so I can display my family with pride around my home. Hubby loves photo's too, so I decided to make him a 'manly' collage using our surname for a Father's Day surprise. It is really easy to make and all you need is an old frame, some paint and photo's.
Get Up To £30 off by using the code LOVEMYDAD at the the Truprint checkout. Last orders for Fathers Day is Monday June 15th 2015.
Create A Photo Collage
Step By Step Guide
1 - Find an old frame. I used an old picture that has not been used for about six years and I had it hidden away in the shed, but if you pop down to your local charity shop they always have a box of old frames.
2. Remove the backing. Unclip the backing from the frame and usually you will find some card or you could use the back of the original picture to begin creating your montage.
3. Write the name. I decided to make a montage using our surname, but you could use any words you want like 'DAD' 'FATHER' or his christian name, whatever you want. Begin by pencilling in the words in big bubble letters then cut out the letters.
4. Paint. I wanted black paint but use whatever you have, or buy some tester pots from the DIY shop to paint your frame and the card that you have just cut out with your name on. I used satin and it worked really well.
5. Assemble. Leave to dry for a few days then carefully position your photos to fit in nicely behind the cut out letters, secure photo's in place with tape. It takes a bit of fiddling around at this stage to position the photo's perfectly. Then put the back of the frame on and you are finished.
If you do not feel you have time to make a photo collage in a frame then you could easily create a giant poster collage like I have. I decided to make Hubby a collage of our time in North Devon, which I know he will love. It is basically just like a giant photo and cost £19.99 for a 40" x 30" poster. It is huge and really easy to do. I also purchased personalised Father's Day cards and a keyring for only £2.99 and the cards were under £3.00 each.
Up to £30 off your order
- Code LOVEMYDAD gives £10 discount on order £20-£49.99 and £30 discount on orders £50 or more
- Minimum spend does not include P&P charges
- Offer is valid until midnight 15th June 2015.
- Offer is valid for single use during the promotional period and to customers residing in the UK on Truprint.co.uk only.
- P&P charges will apply
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or on pre-paid prints.
- Please allow an additional 1-2 delivery days during this promotional period.
*Disclaimer: I was given £50 credit to spend at Truprint for the purpose of this post, all opinions are my own and unbiased.