Thursday, 7 May 2015

My Studio Girl - Sew Your Own Kit Review


Yesterday I talked about my passion for fashion and how I love to up-cycle old clothes. It all started as a child when I would practise for hours on my fashion plates and I also started sewing by making little clothes for my Sindy dolls. I can't remember 'sew your own' kits being available back then, I just had to learn by watching my nan and getting on with it. I would have loved proper sewing kits like the ones 'My Studio Girl' put together.


The kits are really cute and the instructions are easy to follow. My Granddaughter is nine and I did need to guide her a little, although she could clearly understand the instructions. In the kit you get a soft doll, ready cut clothing, 2 x sewing needles and all the thread that you need. Even if you are not a sewer yourself you will be able to easily make these little dolls. They are so cute and I think a great way to introduce your child to sewing. My Granddaughter loved it and she tells me that her and her friends would love to receive these kits as gifts. I think they would make great stocking fillers or to put in your rainy day craft box, and fabulous if you have a child who is eager to learn how to sew. A fun introduction.


Does your little one like sewing or have they expressed an interest?


Kits include: Onesie Doll, Rescue Pets, My Precious Pals, 3D Magic Dough, Alien Slime Jumpers and Wind-up Walking Zombies. Age 8+. Prices range from £4.99 - £12.99. Available from all good toy stockists.




*We were sent a 'My Studio Girl' kit free of charge for the purpose of this review. Our opinions are completely our own and unbiased.

19 comments:

  1. These kits are great for encouraging children to sew. Boys and girls. I give similar kits as birthday presents. Always receive feedback on how much the child has enjoyed it. I used to make sun dresses for my Sindy. I remember fluffy soft toy kits, but they weren't for beginners. A good step forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's is such a lovely kit and a great way to teach kids to sew and learn crafts.A good rainy day activity too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! What a lovely kit.....It looks a lot of fun was had!
    The Wind-up Walking Zombies kit sounds interesting....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grand daughter is a budding designer!! This looks like the kind of thing my niece would love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is something my girls would sit and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet about you making clothes for your Sindy dolls! I would really love to be able to sew my own clothes, the last time I did was a pair of shorts back in school! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great little sewing kit - ideal to get youngsters started!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great little sewing kit. My seven year old would thoroughly enjoy something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely way to introduce children to sewing! Looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the fact these kits are a bit more modern. A real incentive to get kids sewing for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These kits are a lovely idea. I would have enjoyed making them when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am loving this, i would have loved to have had this kit as a girl! .. mind you i do as an adult lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic little kit - I would have love it as a child. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fantastic, I would have loved a kit like this! We used to get soft toy kits, but I've never seen a doll one before. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. what great little sewing kit so so cute

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eliza is a little young for sewing but I cannot wait for her to start

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is gorgeous! We love making stuffed toys out of felt, but having boys it tends to be Nintendo characters!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks adorable and my daughter is so interested in sewing and knitting at the moment (and I'm useless at it!) so this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute! Mine are too old or too young for this, but I love it! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...