Monday, 11 May 2015

Falling Into His Love


A string of reckless nights lead me to his bed 
holding a tray of hot coffee and cigarettes 
inside a glistening golden box zapped by dusty sunlight 
streaming through a grubby open window. 
The stranger I have known my entire life 
confidently climbs in beside me
feeding me promises that are insanely inviting
me in to love him under speckles of summer shade
and crisp white cotton sheets.
To lay in his arms I am finally home where I belong 
nestled inside his powerful torso I am soothed
by the unbridled passion of the rhythm of his  heart. 
A connection I can not deny, a yearning I refuse to resist
his magic pulling me in deeper and deeper
as I helplessly and hopelessly fall into his love. 

31 comments:

  1. This is an intriguing poem and it's very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what an amazing, well written poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw wow how adorable and look at that dress and cake , what a special moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, it was a very long time ago now but the memories only feel like yesterday x

      Delete
  4. A poem that draws you in and makes you want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is amazing and I got married when puffy dresses, big cakes and burgundy cravats were in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to be in love. Beautiful words x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful poem xx aw what glad you are happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful words, and yes, that could have been my wedding photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember when I got married in the 90s, everything and everyone seemed so innocent then. A lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely poem and full of intrigue. Great wedding photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely poem - is it an anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. No, its not my anniversary yet, It's just a poem I wrote for my uni course x

      Delete
  12. Love the poem...........were you a 90's bride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara, no I was an 80's bride, although only just, November 89 x

      Delete
  13. Beautiful poem and beautifully written x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is deep. Excellent writing and leaves so much open to the interpretations of the reader, Stephen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful imagery. 'Stranger I have known my entire life' - very interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a touching and beautifully poem.Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pic, very clever poem. It's always good to reminisce, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. You are really talented x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely poem, you write so well. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...