Country Baskets, the UK’s leading homeware, seasonal product and craft supplier have got some gorgeous Christmas decorations in this year. We were sent some baubles for the tree and a wreath for my front door, and I must say they look really fab. My eldest Daughter keeps commenting on the sparkly white baubles, and she tells me they are her favourite. They are really pretty and a nice, large size too. They look great.
If you quite fancy having a go at making your own festive door hanger or are looking for something to make with the kids during the holidays, then follow these easy steps as demonstrated by Tracy Rowbottom, a designer at Country Baskets. All supples are available from their online store.
1. Take two small floral candle rings and wire together, back to back.
2. Tie a long piece of rope cord to the top, to create a handle. Make a ribbon band around the centre and tie into a bow on the top to hide your mechanics.
3. Repeat with two large decorative candle rings. Next take one small floral candle ring and tie a rope hanger and bow on top.
4. Cut three pieces of ribbon approx 10cms and secure one to the top of each Christmas decoration with the rope hanger.
5. Lay all you components out on the table, starting with the smallest on the bottom, finishing with the largest at the top. Tie firmly with a knot on the top when you are happy with your placements.
6. Tie a rope loop and make a bow to secure on the loop. To finish tie the bow and rope loop to the top of the hanger and cut off any loose ends.
7. Finished door-hanger