Monday, 10 November 2014

A De-Clutter For Christmas And My Bathroom Wishlist


The Christmas clean up has begun in my house. We have given everywhere a fresh lick of paint, cleared out the junk and bought a few new accessories; new curtains for the lounge, cushions for the sofa, bedding for the kids rooms and some new art for the hallway to brighten it. I'm doing it all on a budget because money is very tight at this time of year, so where I can recycle and swap soft furnishings around into other rooms, I will because it gives a fresh look to tired rooms and saves a bit of cash.

I recently moved all my canvas art from my lounge to my hall, stairs and landing. It has completely given my lounge a de-cluttered look ready for our Christmas decorations to go up next month. My hallway has a wall covered in nasty 1970's artex that I can't afford to get removed just yet, but the large canvases do a wonderful job of distracting the eye from the ugliness of the rough walls.

All the clutter has been cleared by either selling it on Ebay or taking it to the charity shop, and the money I made by selling my old clothes I managed to get some new curtains for the lounge for an absolute bargain price from homeware store, Wayfair.




Our next room to tackle is the bathroom and while browsing online I spotted some fab bathroom furniture from My-Bathrooms and great accessories from places like Wilkinsons and Asda Direct. So, I decided to put together a mood board with bits and bobs that I would like to buy to give my bathroom a fresh look on a budget. 

Bathroom On A Budget





My next makeover will be the bathroom, so watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good emma think it does you good to have a clear out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...