I'm quite a minimalist when it comes to packing and I often get comments on how well I pack my suitcase when I travel abroad. I always only travel with a carry on whenever I fly because I like the convenience of not having to flaff around at the airport with checking in and collecting our bags. The problem with this is that you never get to take everything that you really want to take on holiday with you. A big benefit of holidaying in the UK is that you can literally take whatever you like, well as much as you can squeeze in the car anyway. My must have items when going on holiday in the UK are:
1. My Own Pillows. Even when I stay somewhere with really comfortable bedding I still always sleep so much better with my own pillows. And if I can take my quilt too, then even better.
2. All My Beauty Products - I can take as much serum, foundation, perfume and body lotion as I like without even questioning it. No 100mls squeezed into a tiny clear plastic bag.
3. Electrical Stuff - My straighteners, hairdryer, tongs, heated rollers, laptops, games consoles, you name it I can squeeze it all in. Yeah Baby!
4. Games - Board games for the nights we fancy staying in. I know that sounds a bit boring but some of our most fun have been on stay in nights. Usually we have a Bingo night in and I take a big bag of prizes. Everyone loves to win a prize.
5. Extra shoes - Not sure why, but us girls always feel so much better with extra pairs of shoes or boots on holiday. Even if we don't wear them, just knowing they are there is a comfort.
What are the things that you struggle to holiday without?
This is my entry post into the holidaycottages.co.uk UK holiday must-haves competition