The Bake Face is a funny side effect from baking with Billington's. When we eat cake our eyes bulge and we generally dribble, a lot. Yes we are a nation of dribblers. Well, Billington's are giving you the chance to put your funny #bakeface to good use and win 'The Ultimate Bake Face Experience', plus loads of other fab prizes. To enter the competition, simply follow the instructions on their website http://bakeface.billingtons.co.uk/ by uploading a photo of your #bakeface and you could be crowned Billington’s Best Bake Face. Don't forget to share your #bakeface on Twitter and Facebook @BillingtonsUK #bakeface .We entered our #bakeface after making some amazing Billington’s brownies using Billington's Unrefined Dark Muscovado Sugar and some of their natural glace cherries.Yummy!
- 250g Billington's Unrefined Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 200g unsalted butter
- 350g 70% dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 3 medium eggs
- 50g self-raising flour
- 100g Billington's Natural Glacé Cherries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5, line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the Dark Muscovado Sugar and whisk until thick. Gently fold in the chocolate.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the glacé cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until you see a paper-like crust on top. There should still be some movement in the centre of the tin.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then cut into squares. Enjoy!