Thursday, 9 October 2014

My Autumn Garden

I love this time of year in the garden. The air has become fresh, yet still warm enough to work outside without my coat. My garden is full of autumnal colour, muted tones. The baskets and pots have all turned to seed and have made way for masses of Sedum, my Autumn Joy. My Himalayan honeysuckle has gone wild this year and has self seeded all over the place. I have potted them up ready to transplant next spring, into more appropriate corners of the garden. I love this plant, such good value and looks beautiful for most of the year.



Manneskjur

14 comments:

  1. Love this time of year the colours are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I love this time of year too xxx

      Delete
  2. what beautiful flowers you have and what great shots you took! beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely time of the year, apart from the rain and wind here, though on the plus side I have lit the log burner so it's a snuggle-fest here.
    I've never paid much attention to sedums before, until my mum gave me some cuttings, now I'm loving them!
    Such happy colours - thanks for sharing and joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat a log fire, nothing more cosy than that xxx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photography. This time of year produces such a depth of colour. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yes Autumn is a special time of year for colour xxx

      Delete
  5. Lovely photographs, especially the sedum and honeysuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours at this time of year, so rich. Gorgeous photos, I love buddleia and hydrangeas are a favourite too x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful colours and flowers. I have no idea about gardening, but the last few months have been a bit of a crash course for us as we moved into a house with a mature garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! I love sedum so much and am intrigued by your variety honeysuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! They are pretty to look at. My fave here is the Sedum! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...