Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Uncommon Goods - A Review


I love filling my home and hideaway summerhouse with quirky items. To find a new business who sell items that are a bit different is something that really appeals to me. I know my friends and family appreciate gifts that are unusual, a thoughtful gift that is hand crafted or personalised usually goes down very well. I know I love to receive those type of gifts. 

Uncommon Goods is a New York based company, founded in 1999. They are passionate about providing their customers with unique designs that have been hand crafted in harmony with the environment. Products that are kind to animals and people. They supply the customer with unique personalised gifts, gifts for women, baby gifts and gifts for men.

Uncommon Goods appreciate artists, they respect them as a valued workforce paying them 50% above minimum wage. Half of what they sell is made by hand and a third of their products incorporate recycled and/or upcycled materials. My kind of company. I just love their ethos.

In their words; "At the core of our company is a great respect for the integrity of the creative individual and the belief that it is our responsibility to use our business to impact the world in a positive way."

I was sent a beautiful hand crafted wall hanging, lovingly made by husband and wife team Gerren and Morgana Lamson (Satchel & Sage). Made in Austin Texas, the image is silkscreened by hand onto a sheet of walnut-stained pine. It is truly gorgeous and I totally adore it. A pretty, romantic quote, it's meaning "The path to love may lead you along unexpected trails."  so simple, yet so special. I really like that I can read a little about the artist. A very nice touch.








*I was sent a hand crafted wall hanging free of charge for the purpose of this review. I have received no financial reward. My opinions are completely unbiased and honest.

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I used to have a v similar summerhouse, I loved it so much! It was my retreat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...