Thursday, 14 August 2014

My Himalayan Honeysuckle


Himalayan honeysuckle is one of my favourites in the garden at the moment. It has an oriental look to it with long hollow bamboo stems and clusters of burgundy flowers that hang like bunches of dark red grapes.

Quite invasive, it has claimed my summerhouse but I'm reluctant to cut it back because I like how it hides my little retreat, giving me the feeling that I'm completely hidden away once I step inside.

To be honest I had never seen this plant before, until about five years ago when my neighbour passed me a cutting over the fence. I had no clue what it was but planted it anyway and it has been such a joy to have in the garden. It has even self seeded a couple of times in other parts of the garden. I love it. 



 







Manneskjur







7 comments:

  1. I really like Himalayan Honeysuckle, my mum has some in her garden too and it's a very striking plant isn't it? I still lust after your Summerhouse, it look so idyllic, I think everyone's life would be better if they had one in it. I love how the honeysuckle and curtains have exactly the same colours in them!
    Thanks for joining in and sharing again - I hope your Summer is going well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a pretty plant, I've not heard of Himalayan Honeysuckle before. Like the curtains and crochet blanket in your summerhouse! Must be nice to feel hidden away but only be in your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summerhouse reminds me to get my shack in order! The honeysuckle looks lovely and I love how it hides your retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I love that honeysuckle - we have a different variety, but it is quite disappointing. How I would love a summerhouse too ... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love honeysuckle but haven't grown it successfully yet. Oh how I want to sit near there and breathe it all in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I absolutely love it and it looks so pretty around your summer house. I need to find this climber for next year. Looks so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...