Sunday, 24 August 2014

B&W Photography Project - Our Ancestors Home


I'm really into 'family history'. Not sure if it's because I was raised in the Mormon church, and genealogy is something that everyone from church does or it's just because I enjoy knowing where our ancestors come from and what they did. It fascinates me. 

A couple of years back we went to visit the place where Hubbies family once lived. A tiny village in Essex called Stisted, it is full of English charm and tranquillity and we all felt a huge connection to the place especially as we entered the church where Papa Syders Great, Great Grandparents were married and his Great Grandmother was christened. We even spoke with a local who remembered the Syders in Stisted. It blew me away.

Anyway, my B&W photo this week is of the family home of my Husbands Great Grandmother. The house that she was born in, sits in a pretty spot overlooking the church. It is truly gorgeous and I imagine a lovely place to have been raised.


12 comments:

  1. Nice picture ! How funny I was working on our family tree last night xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful house and looks full of character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The great thing about black and white is that it gives everything a timeless look so that, as a viewer, you could be in any era. It's a bit like having a time machine! So looking at this cottage in black and white seems very appropriate. #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely stunning house - it is really striking in black and white #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have found the house, and to be able to look at the photo knowing the history and imagining what it must have been like. Beautiful house, and a wonderful black and white image x #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photo! I can just envision the surroundings. What a perfect location! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really lovely looking old English cottage - and a beautiful story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic house and how wonderful that it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful story and what a stunning house!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous house and so lovely you have found out about your ancestors! Love it #bwphotoproject

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. I was working on my family tree last year and then left it until I was contacted by a distant relative a couple of weeks back who has since been sharing his info. It's really exciting. I found the home of my 3rd Great Grandfather, can't believe it's still there - now home to a charity supporting partners of prisoners! It was called Valentine House which has made me very happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh just love this, what a wonderful place to live. It looks beautiful and the monochrome just gives it even more character. Fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with #bwphotoproject (and sorry been running a bit behind recently!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...