Wednesday, 9 July 2014

The Great Outdoors


Every evening Hubby and I walk the coast. We love it and if I don't get my daily fix of the water and the wildlife I find myself getting cranky. I have always enjoyed the great outdoors, from as young as I can remember I wanted to be outside. My Mum once told me that even as a baby I would scream the place down to go outside. I was born in East London, so not a lot of countryside on our doorstep but Mum would put me in my pram and walk for miles, which always included a trip to the park to feed the ducks.

Luckily, Mum loved the outdoors too and she was always meeting us from school on a Friday afternoon with the tent in the car boot, and off we go for some wild camping for the weekend, quite often in the middle of a field where we would wash in a stream and cook on a campfire, or we would spend every single day during the summer holidays sitting on Southend sea front eating bolied eggs and playing in the sea. I'm exactly the same now, I crave the outdoors and I love nothing more than to deeply breathe in the country/sea air...and just totally relax.


Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

14 comments:

  1. Totally get where you're coming from - I go stir crazy if I don't get outside several times a day. It's great to have that routine of walking every evening. I can't get my family into that right now, but I always make sure I run or walk (or both) on my own every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, especially the first and how wonderful your Mum was. I too need a daily fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With you all the way on being cranky without a bit of fresh air to enjoy. The coast always makes me feel happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel that prickly grass under my feet! You are a lucky lady having that on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I didn't like the countryside when I was a youngster, but have gradually come to appreciate it as I've got older, especially as so much of it seems to get built on these days. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely lovely. Great to have those sorts of memories. I'm trying to create them for my own kids. Although I do like me an electric hook up when we're camping *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh what fun , I can imagine the grass bending in the wind, you lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning photos. Looks exceptionally calming. I get where you're coming from with the walking off a bad mood thing. I think I need to do that a bit more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also get very cranky if I don't get out over the fields. In fact it goes beyond cranky, it actually keeps my depression at bay. Just love walking miles and miles and miles and you are very lucky having that to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome routine to be in. I wish that I can also go out every night and just have a walk. Hey I might start it. I live near the beach and now that its summer the only decent time to visit it is at night =) #TheGallery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic photos! Love the countryside, even though I now live near a city, which I also love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks lovely there. I am with you - I just have to get out, though it can be hard in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pics Emma, it looks so lovely in your part of the world! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...