Thursday, 24 July 2014

The Garden, Full Of Bloom.


The garden is blooming this time of year. Everything is at it's best. The hanging baskets are full, petunia's overflowing, lobelia trailing gracefully and the geraniums are still vibrant. My big purple clematis has bloomed for the second time this year, such a pleasure to see a plant burst into colour twice in one season. The hydrangea's are in flower, although not quite to perfection but they improve with every year. The summerhouse has become camouflaged by a self seeded Himalayan honeysuckle and a stray bright blue Buddleja, both surprises, both welcomed. Really, I should cut everything back but I like how they have become so jungle like, cocooning my summer hideaway. My lavender has thrived in pots this summer, brought back to life after I almost lost them last year. I adore their scent, it instantly calms me, as I inhale their rich aroma. 

Yes, the garden is blooming even though it is still halfway through a makeover, but that doesn't stop it from providing relaxation and pleasure to all who enter.




Manneskjur

12 comments:

  1. Your garden always relaxes me when I photos of it and I love how it always seems to have such a positive effect on you. Lovely bright colours - I bet the bees love you to bits.
    Nice nail varnish too !
    Thanks for sharing again lovely lady xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Annie, and Thanks for hosting xxx

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking fantastic, so much colour! My lobelia has just started to die off - not sure whether that is normal or whether it's heat exhausted. Geraniums are one of my favourite flowers for the Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gemma, I have other lobelia that is starting to die off in pots but my baskets seem to be still going strong. It is coming to te end of their season though now for lobelia xxx

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks like a beautiful haven of colour and fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how colorful these shots are. your garden looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if it is half way through work it still looks gorgeous! What a wonderful little haven of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, just look at all that wonderful colour! Beautiful. I adore lavender too, it is such a soothing scent x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lush place! you must really love sitting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much colour I love it! And your hanging basket, total envy, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty garden and so full of colour. I am loving this month although I have to remember to water all the hanging baskets every evening. Love those geraniums, one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...