This recipe is from 'The Ask Italian Coobook', Available from Ask Italian Restaurants & bookshops priced at £15. Part of the proceeds from the sale of the books go to Great Ormond Street Hospital Childrens Charity. This book is my new best friend! I love it, the recipes are so easy to follow.
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 450g Minced Beef
- 4 x Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 100ml Red Wine
- 150ml Beef Stock
- 1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 500g Tomato Passata
- 5 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 2 x Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 x Teaspoon dried Oregano
- 2 x Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 500g Fettuccine Pasta
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a pan on a low heat, add the onion, cook until softened.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Add the garlic and wine, turning up the heat and cooking until the wine evaporates.
- Stir in the stock. tomatoes, passata, Worcestershire sauce, herbs, lemon juice and salt. Bring to the boil and cook for five minutes.
- Lower the heat and cook the sauce for about an hour and twenty minutes with the lid off. Stir often.
- Drop the fettuccine pasta into a pan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- When cooked, drain the pasta, serve on separate plates and add your bolognese sauce. Garnish with parsley and cheese.
*Recipe was made as part of the Ask Italian #Respectthepasta campaign. We were sent a blogger kit with vouchers, pasta, a recipe book, flour and a pasta cutter free of charge for the purpose of the campaign.