Thursday, 17 April 2014

The Writing Nook


As the short spring days get longer and the weather warmer I open up the writing nook. Rosali curtains and crocheted throws are dusted off, hung and thrown. Cushions are scattered and floral art dusted. Cobwebs are left in corners, after all the have an important job to do, catching those pesky flies.


Windows are polished, the floor swept I sit back and smile as I observe my nifty handy work. The sun beams through the door and I can hear the peaceful sounds of the garden. Birds chirping cheerily, sea gulls sweeping hungrily across the warm sky, the cockerel crows proudly as he forages with his hen and I feel at peace as I enjoy this tranquil haven.


I like to read in here, drink tea and hide away, but most of all I like to write here. I'm rarely bothered by the outside world inside this space, it's my place to escape from distraction, my place to think, to create and to ponder. My special place in the garden is my writing nook.


Have you got a nook?

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

21 comments:

  1. I love your writing shed and that typewriter is so awesome! I would want to work there. So colorful! #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing nook Mama, such a lovely place to be productive and imaginative. I don't have a nook at the moment, but in our little Warminster cottage I hope we are able to dig out and repurpose the cellar as my nook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow i love your Nook, im incredibly jealous! id love my own sewing room :) #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I don't but I want one badly! Funnily enough this week I've been thinking of ways to justify a little summerhouse-come-office in the garden, a space just for me. Your nook is just gorgeous- exactly how I'd like to have one.
    Just the best space to get creativity flowing - thank you for sharing this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is FABULOUS! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I am so jealous! I love that nook. I now want a nook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! This is what I imagine my summerhouse will look like one day. Maybe when the kids leave home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is beautiful! I want a nook!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma, I'm just packing my bags and will be on my way shortly to move in with you! I love love love your writer's nook. Funnily enough a pal at work has offered to sell his old Bertha type caravan to me and I was thinking of making it into a writing space! You've inspired me even more. Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a jolly nook I feel quite envious. How very lovely! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see your nook I get jealous all over again! Mich x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, what a brilliant space! I love the floral prints on the wall, beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute. I wish I had a place like this. It's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is AMAZING. What a wonderful space. I barely have a shed on the allotment - the roof covering came off over the winter. I wish i could replace it with something more like this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow that is truly amazing! What a wonderful place to escape to. I'm not sure I'd ever leave!
    #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love a writing nook just like this - love your vintage style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh that is so vintage and lovely what a place to chill out where did you get all those fab treasures

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously loving your beautiful nook! I have plans for my own but we are getting there very slowly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I love this, what an inspirational place to sit and hide from the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness.... this looks gorgeous. I want one. What a beautiful place to read and write. I hope you had a great Easter! X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...