Thursday, 13 March 2014

The Happy Spring Garden


Harry the Gnome is smiling and the sun is shining. Daffodils wave cheerily enticing me over with their playful charm. The closer I get, the heady sweet scent of Hyacinth intoxicates my senses. I breathe in deeply eager to consume as much of their perfume as possible.

I struggle to think of a sweeter aroma than that of the hyacinth and as my eye wanders over to the delicate lilac pansies, I can't help but compare them to the crepe paper flowers that we once made in junior school. Our small fingers covered in a runny white glue that had the distinct odour of marzipan, we would clumsily stick bright paper flowers onto our handmade Mothers day cards, excited to take them home to Mum. Pretty, perfect Pansies, another flower in the garden that conjures up happy memories of my childhood. My happy spring garden.







Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

18 comments:

  1. what a happy and colorful place! it's looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much colour, I love it!
    And the gnome, such a happy chap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, hyacinth smells just gorgeous and I love the gnome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing burst of colour! I absolutely love hyacinths. Still haven't bought any yet this year but almost picked up a bunch in Waitrose the other day until I realised they had absolutely no smell!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much colour! I love the smell of hyacinths, I keep buying them for indoors and we're planning to plant them in the garden afterwards… we should have a bank of them next spring at this rate! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy happy , that's hwo these photos make me feel. Loving the colour, the cheeky gnome and I too am a sucker for the hyacinths scent. Best plant to have indoors ever because of that - even drowns out my kids pongs ;)

    Happy Spring! Thanks for joining in again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours! No wonder he's a happy gnome ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful.... so colourful; what a gorgeous garden you have... looking forward to seeing it come into bloom this spring/summer on your blog! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Harry sitting watching you do all the work lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that Gnome he is SO SO happy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amaze on how almost all of the pictures in blog linky in #HDYGG are amazingly vivid! Yours included. Its just lift one's spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much colour - I think I need my sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love the way that you can weave a story along with your photos. The image of remembering making mother's day cards is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harry is just great and put a smile on my face more sun for this weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the colors! We still are covered in white snow here :\ -- but at least these flowers brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fab and I bet you are in your element out there agian and getting it all planted up. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...