Friday, 7 March 2014

Reflection


As I reflect on my life I ask myself if I have any regrets and of course, I have a few obvious ones like I wish we had relocated to the West Country when my four kids were small, home-schooled them from day dot, and never spent a year separated from my husband. 

The thing is, my life would not be as happy and content as it is today had my life taken a different path. If we had moved to the West Country & home-schooled when the kids were little, we would not have our treasured Granddaughter in our lives today and if I had not spent a crappy year separated from my Husband, I would not be as in love with him as I am today.

My regrets are actually the things that have taught me lessons in life, sometimes very harsh painful lessons, but they have taught me to appreciate every twist and turn that my life takes and during the periods of struggle and heartache I know that a new lesson will be learnt. So on reflection, no I have no regrets in life. Everything really does happen for a reason.


mumturnedmom

Linking up for the first time to mumturnedmom's linky The Prompt

11 comments:

  1. A very interesting post, I love to reflect back on life and realise that things happen for a reason. We almost moved to the west country when our three were small too - to the point of selling our house. But when the house we wanted fell through 3 times, we decided that it was perhaps not meant to be. I guess we will never know how it might have worked out but I think somehow we have to trust these things. We are certainly very happy where we are now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we can all say "what if" but the path you have is your destiny in the end. It's the twists and turns that makes you you ! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting post. I think you're right, to regret is pointless anyway, but reflecting on the what ifs would take you down different paths which may not have worked out so well. Glad all is happy for you now x #ThePrompt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, everything that has happened is necessary to our present and our future. #theprompt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are absolutely right. I have a few regrets, which on my better days I view as lessons, on my less good days I wallow in a little but of regret. But, I believe that regret only holds us back, that we should take them as moments in time that we can learn from and that make us who we are. Without those moments our lives could be very different, and to wish them away almost wishes the life we have away, if that makes sense! Thank you so much for linking to #ThePrompt with such a thoughtful and honest post xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree completely that everything happens for a reason and we wouldn't be who we are and where we are today without all experiences both good and bad. Such a thought provoking post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I think "What If," I realize that I would have missed the wonderful life I have. No Regrets! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, everything happens for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Emma. And something that I needed to read just now. Important to remember in the tougher times, that it is just one of life's twists and turns, taking you where you need to go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Emma, and I am in complete agreement with you - that everything really does happen for a reason, and when tough things do happen, to bear that in mind. So far, I have no regrets. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...