Thursday, 27 February 2014

The Eucalyptus Tree That Stands Tall At The Bottom Of The Garden


The rain beats down heavily as I run for cover beneath the Eucalyptus tree that stands tall at the bottom of the garden. I gaze upwards towards the glistening towering trunk as it soars to the sky reaching and stretching to find and touch the day light. I imagine it's strong comforting arms have been standing here for a hundred years watching and smiling as families come and go. 

How many children have climbed it's tall limbs? There isn't a generation gone by that can resist the branches of a tree, a quiet place to dream big and imagine a grown up future. A place to be at one with nature at the bottom of the garden.

Green Ivy now blankets the feet of the Eucalyptus, year by year gradually creeping and twining gracefully higher and higher. Raindrops coat the twisted vine displaying every vein in all their glory enticing me in to admire their beauty. I can't help but run my finger over the shiny surface of this delicate leaf. I suddenly feel a sense of peace as I know brighter days are ahead, spring is just around the corner. I can feel it in the air.



Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

7 comments:

  1. i just love trees. so many stories to tell....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a big tree in the garden - they do build memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. I wish trees could talk - how much they must have seen (ok ok if they had eyes) in their time - secrets' stolen moments,lies, play.I have such a love hate relationship with ivy - having spent many hours ripping it from fences it was destroying I know its invasive qualities but ut just look so damn lovely!

    Thank for joining in and sharing lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an oak and a lime that guard our front entrance. Like Lil Muse Lily and 76 sunflowers said, I bet they have many memories they could tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and a really gorgeous tree. I love trees! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tribute to your tree. Your photos are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...