Friday, 14 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day!


Today we celebrate our 25th Valentines Day together and I can honestly say I love him even more now than when we first met. I know that sentence makes some of want to reach for the sick bucket, but it hasn't been an easy road getting to this point. We have both had times in the past when we no longer wanted to be together. Times of heartache, anger, sadness and mistakes. Oh Boy, have we made mistakes! 

Long term relationships are bloody hard work to keep together, especially when you start out as young, seventeen year olds. We went through many years of not really appreciating each other, of thinking the grass might be greener on the other side, of taking the other for granted, of bickering and generally not realising what we had till it was gone.

We separated for a year. It was the loneliest time of my life and I suddenly realised that my life feels empty without him. Thankfully, he felt the same and we got back together. We are like a completely different couple now and we are so madly in love. We respect each other, adore each other and consider one another with every move we make. Something I don't think we did before.

So Happy 25th Valentines Day to the absolutely, one and only love of my life, My Husband. I know I will Love You Forever.


7 comments:

  1. *clears lump in throat* BEAUTIFUL! Happy Valentine's day to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely!!!!! I always love reading about yours and Papa Syders relationship... it's so real, and so lovely - a fab example to us all. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. It's so nice to read about a strong relationship. Happy Valentine's day to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you many more valentine's days together!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next year is 25 valentines for us. I can relate to so much of what you've written and here's to 25 more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, I hope you had a happy 25th Valentine's together!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The posts about you and your hubby always make me smile. So lovely! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...