Wednesday, 22 January 2014

The Gallery - Something Beautiful



Something Beautiful - Being Grandparents.


People are often surprised when they find out that we are Grandparents, especially as we were only 35 when our Granddaughter was born. We love our role as Grandparents. We totally adore our little ray of sunshine and her presence completes us as a family. 


As I look back over our twenty six years together, teenage parents ourselves, life was often a struggle but I loved my duties as a Mummy and Papa Syder has been a very hands on Dad to our four kids, always throwing himself into everything that involved them like their school plays, parent evenings, sports days etc.

And now, I look at him. A Grandfather. His hair is slightly greying around the temples, his eyes still as green as the day I first saw him and his ability to fill up a room with laughter within five seconds of walking into it, a talent that has never left him. He lifts our Granddaughter up high into the air by her ankles, pretending to drop her, she giggles like a cartoon mouse. I smile as she squeals "Again Granddad! Again!" 

I love that she is part of us and I feel blessed and proud as I watch them together. There is Something Beautiful about being a Grandparent.



11 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and post. I remember having the best of times with my Gran and my kids love spending time with their own Grandparents. Such a lovely bond to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's sweet em. I'm looking forward to joining the grandparents club this year :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post :) I know from watching my parents with Meg and Eli that there is something very special about a grandparent-grandchild relationship. #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  4. That certainly is a very special relationship, I totally idolised my grandparents and I'm sure she feels exactly the same way about you two x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, being a grandparent at 35... not sure if I would be ready for it, A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful post, Emma. Grandparents are very important, it is such a special relationship. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lucky she is to have such young grandparents - oh the time she will have with you that so many of us never get. Beauty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post. I really wish my children got to see more of their grandparents but they all live over 200 miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post and a very special relationship. I love the relationship my kids have with my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was lovely.... and how amazing to be grand parents so young! You are all going to be in each other's lives for a very long time indeed! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such fab parents and grandparents, and clearly your Granddaughter is such a delight to you and her parents.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...