Thursday, 16 January 2014

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Hi Everyone,

It feels like an age since I last joined in with reasons to be cheerful, in fact I have been having a nice long blogging break, since way before Christmas. The Syders blog is six years old this year and every now & then a break is welcomed. I was actually contemplating jacking it all in, just like we all do from time to time. Thing is whenever I have a break I really do really miss you guys, and the rest of the community. Blogging becomes a massive part of who we are and when it's not there any more, it feels like a big chunk of your life is missing. So here I am, glad to be back, full of beans and easing myself in.


1. We have two new kittens. I know, since I have been back I haven't shut up about them and they are constantly plastered all over Instagram, but I totally love them. I honestly did not realise that I would love cat's so much.

2. I've been losing weight. I joined slimming world before Christmas and I have lost 9lb, which I am very pleased with. Still a very long way to go. I want 70lb off by September, that's 2lb a week. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

3. I'm feeling determined. 2014 is going to be a year of change for me. I am determined to sort my weight out, get off my heart tablets and start living my life again. I have become a virtual hermit since losing my Mum. Enough is Enough. This year I need to pick myself up and sort myself out, not letting any negative family members bring me down. I'm feeling positive.


How's Your week Been?
Linking Up To Reasons To Be Cheerful Being hosted this week over At Becky's Place


16 comments:

  1. Awww, such a sweet photo. I love cats x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, i'm really enjoying their company xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely kittens and making is so hard for me to resist my daughter's wish for us to have one in our lives.
    Good that you are back blogging special lady.
    @AutismMumma does Wobbles Wednesday a weight loss linky in case you are interested in that.
    And if my #groovymums can support you on the path to a new you, please do join in.
    I was like you after I lost my Mum - it is such a huge loss and takes a while to start moving on from. All the best with that journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate I'll pop over to both. all support is much appreciated xxx

      Delete
  3. welcome back! well done on the weight loss its such a boost. your kittens are cuties. thanks for joining in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love love!!! this post!
    I will be here listening and reading all the weigh (see what I did there??) I have a little more than you to lose, but I am determined this year I will do it. Keep an eye out for #wobblesWednesday if you fancy some blogger support xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, love the punn! I'll be popping over to #wobblesWednesday for sure, Thanks xxx

      Delete
  5. Your kittens are just gorgeous! Not surprised that you keep sharing pictures of them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those kittens are lovely. I rescued some a few years ago, we found them outside in our wood store, their mother had abandoned them.

    Sounds like you have a good plan for 2014 - Good luck to you. xx

    #R2BC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like 2014 will be a great year for you. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging breaks are always good. I had one over Christmas too, and will have another one over the summer I am sure. But please don't stop your blog - I love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kittens are gorgeous! Great to hear you're feeling so positive and good luck with the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your new kittens - they are cute! Great reasons - so positive! Well done on having a blogging break. We managed a couple of weeks over Christmas and sometimes I crave a longer break - but like you say, the blog kindof becomes an extension of who we are and so I miss it when we are not blogging. Just wish it was easier to get some sort of proper blog/life balance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope 2014 is all you hope and more as you deserve it. Well done on losing weight so far too.
    I've dipped in and out of blogging (out more than in) this year and I've missed blogging some family memories. I aim to address that this year xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...