Monday, 27 January 2014

A Mini Makeover For Under £40 - Before & After

My hallway is the only room in the house that I haven't really touched since I've lived here. It's had a few different colours on the walls but that's about it. This year I want to make the hallway more inviting, so I made a start this week with a mini makeover.


I started by de-cluttering the shoe box under the stairs. It was full of old shoes that had been pulled out by the kids searching for long lost footwear. Once that was all tidy I sorted through all the coats, taking half of them upstairs to hang in our wardrobes. It looked so much better already, but it needed a shot of colour, so I took a look in Tesco Direct where I was delighted to spot they have a sale. Most items are 50% off so I bought a new blind, a pair of long curtains, two ceiling lampshades, two lamps and a new clock. I still have a few things left to do but I've made a start and I'm pleased with the result for less than £40.


What Do You Think?

5 comments:

  1. It looks fab!
    You can't beat a good de-cluttering. It's therapy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it....It looks so much more cosier! I love the red!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a difference, well done x x x
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic injection of colour, it gives it such a different feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great make over.... it looks fab. You are brilliant at interiors.X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...