Thursday, 12 December 2013

Rum Christmas Cocktails With #Cbias

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.




Finding inspiration for Christmas cocktails was relatively easy. I checked my search engine first, and decided that I'd like to make berry coloured cocktails so I knew I wanted a cocktail that combined rum and cranberry. I found lots of yummy inspiration on Pinterest too.


The Bacardi was easy to find in the drinks aisle of my local supermarket, Asda. There were lots of different Bacardi products on the aisles to choose from like Bacardi Breezers, Bacardi Oakheart - a spiced rum and some ready mixed Bacardi cocktails,  I went for a bottle of the regular white rum. I also found some sparkly cocktail umbrella's in the supermarket party section, just to add a touch of glamour.


Santa's Helper Rum Cocktail - Each Cocktail contains...
  • 1 x capful of Bacardi Rum
  • 2 x capfuls of Coconut liqueur (or Malibu)
  • 2 x capfuls of peach schnapps
  • Pineapple juice
  • Cranberry juice
  • 1 x Candy Cane
  • 1 x fresh lime
  • 1 x small bag of white sherbet
  • Decorations - I used parcel wrap ribbon and sparkly cocktail umbrella's.



How I made the Cocktails...

1. Tie some ribbon to the stem of a wine glass
2. Cut a lime and squeeze the juice on to a saucer
3. Tip your sherbet on to a separate saucer.
4. First twist the rim of your glass into the saucer of lime juice, then straight away twist it into the saucer of sherbet.
5. Add ice.
6. Carefully add your capfuls of of alcohol, then add the juice.
7. Add your decorations and a candy cane as a stirring stick.
8. ENJOY!









We were on our large family holiday when I made these cocktails, a pre Christmas celebration, filled with lots of Family & Friends enjoying the build up to Christmas.  Everyone really enjoyed this cocktail and were pleasantly surprised by how well the combination of ingredients worked together, even the mint of the Candy Cane gave a nice hint of extra flavour. 



Making the extra effort with presentation was such a big hit and I received lots of positive feedback on how fab the cocktails looked. They really were Yummy, I'll be making these again very soon.


5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...