Tiki is the first USB microphone to combine proprietary noise-cancelling technology, voice isolation and intelligent mute. Combined, these features deliver exceptional clarity for online conversations by focusing on desired sounds and reducing background noise to dramatically improve the intelligibility of the conversations in any situation. Tiki even allows users to switch between two modes: Intelligent Speech Mode for communication and Natural Recording Mode for CD-quality recording of podcasts, vocals or instruments. Ideal for conference calls and chats, Tiki’s voice isolation brings the speaker’s voice to the fore-front while noise-cancelling technology simultaneously reduces unwanted sound.
This mic doesn't look much at first glance, but as I took it out of its packaging I really liked its slick retro design. It is quite small, not much bigger than a regular USB memory stick but don't let its size fool you into thinking its not that good, because its actually a great little mic. It is really simple to use, you just plug and play, no set up needed and no no drivers required to get started which is something I really like. No messing.
Overall I was pleasantly surprised by this mic, in fact it gets a big thumbs up from The Syders. The sound quality is much better than the built in mic on my laptop and we think it is worth the £49.99 price ticket.
- Intelligent ultra-compact USB microphone
- Improves vocal clarity for online communication (such as iChat and Skype) and voice-recognition software
- Brings your voice to the forefront using voice isolation and noise-canceling technology
- Eliminates computer fan and typing noise by intelligently auto-muting
- Recording mode optimized for podcasts and music recording
- Multi-colored LED indicates muting status and mode
- Two custom condenser capsules with advanced DSP
- Plug-n-play Mac and PC with no drivers needed
- Similar in size to a standard USB flash drive
Available From Apple Online priced at £49.99
*We were sent a Tiki USB microphone free of charge for the purpose of this review. We have received no financial reward and our opinions are our own.