Monday, 11 November 2013

This Day 24 Years Ago I Got Hitched



I woke to Mum banging on my bedroom door "Come on, time to get up!" As I poked my head from under my duvet I could hear the buzz of excitement downstairs. Two of my five younger Brothers,  were on the landing whispering to each other excitedly "Is she up yet?" and as they pushed my bedroom door open, I sat up, and pulled my heavy curtains to one side, nervously checking the weather. It was dry. I felt a sigh of relief and smiled as I thought of today's date, the 11th November 1989. I knew it would be a date that I would never forget, a date that would change my life forever. 

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to join the rest of my Family, some of my younger Brothers were sat at the kitchen table eating sugar puffs and Mum looked like she was about to have a nervous breakdown. "You better eat something now Emma, cos you don't know when you'll get the chance again!" The thought of actually consuming any food made me want to vomit, so I politely declined and instead made my way towards the kettle.

Five hours later and I was dressed all in white and heading down the aisle of the church that I was raised in. My Family and Friends faces were all there smiling at me and I could see my baby Brother, ahead of me climbing all over my Mum. I thought my legs would give way as I tried so hard to concentrate on not tripping up. 

The ceremony quickly passed without a glitch, although in a bit of a blur and today, twenty four years later I recall the morning of my wedding day with a happy heart. Happy 24th Anniversary to Papa Syder, my soul mate, my best friend, the one & only love of my life.



14 comments:

  1. I remember the day well . I can still see Natalie in her pink dress and white hat sitting on your mums sofa lol.
    Lovely day and a very happy anniversary xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what a lovely day to get married on. Your dress is beautiful, classic like a Princess from a story book! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely - you look like a very cool bride! Happy anniversary to the two of you, it's always so lovely to hear such happy stories of marriage, I plan for my 24th wedding anniversary to be just as happy! #What'sTheStory

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both look so very happy in the photo-happy anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely photo, you look so happy, and a lovely story of your day!
    Happy Anniversary x
    #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo, you look so happy, and a lovely story of your day! Happy Anniversary x
    #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read what Laura wrote and she is so right, I'd never noticed how much you look like a Disney Princes in your dress! Wishing you both the happiest of Anniversaries xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bride! Handsome groom! Wow, what a dress! Happy Anniversary! May there be many, many more! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary!!! I hope you and Papa Syder have something lovely planned and you've had a nice day. Look at you looking fabulous, it must have been amazing day. It's a wonderful look back and such a beautifully written post. Thank you so much for sharing #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Such* a heart warming story. I just love the way you write Emma. Here's to many more happy years together xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! Hope you had a beautiful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a romantic post... *sigh*
    Happy anniversary! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely memories of a lovely day. It's fantastic that you are still so happy together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated anniversary! I hope you had a lovely day. You have such a great relationship. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...