Monday, 4 November 2013

I'm so Proud Of My My Sister In Law

Mama Syder & Lou's Lake Views
I met my Sister in Law, Lou way back in the early nineties. I was 20 and she was 17 the day my younger Brother brought her home. My first impression of her was 'Wow, isn't she pretty' and 'doesn't she speak lovely'. I liked her instantly and we very quickly become firm friends, which made me so happy because Me and my Bro were very close and I desperately wanted to be friends with his lovely girlfriend. 

It took no effort to get along with Lou, and every Wednesday evening she would drive her white mini from Essex over to my house in East London and we would head off to our step aerobics class together. I had always wanted to go to a proper aerobics class and try this new step thing that everyone was going crazy about but I was way too shy, but when Lou come along, she gave me the confidence to go to a local class. We loved those classes and our aerobics teacher was totally fantastic.

Over the years house moves, busy lives and a few interfering people put a wedge between our friendship, and I felt very sad about that, often questioning why we had drifted apart. When we lost our Mum in 2006 Lou was fantastic, such a support to us all and her brilliant organisational skills helped us plan a beautiful funeral for Mum. We really would have struggled to pull off such a good send off for Mum without Lou's input and I will be forever grateful to her for that.

A few years ago My Brother, Lou and their two Boys emigrated to Canada. I must admit I did really sob when I knew they were off, as I looked back to the past and the closeness we had once shared I thought to myself 'thats it, there will never be a chance again to get our relationship back on track'. I really thought that we would probably never keep in touch. Panic and regret overwhelmed me and I felt devastated.

However, Thanks to Skype we become firm Friends again. It was as if all those years of being distant had never happened. I now feel I have my little Brother and my best Friend back again. I'm so happy that Lou decided to take up my suggestion of blogging because she has become a fabulous, interesting, funny blogger who's writing often brings a lump to my throat.


Today is my Sister In Laws first Blogaversary so this post is dedicated to her and her lovely Blog Lou's Lake Views.

I'm so proud of you Lou!


11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the first anniversary to Lou and glad you are firm friends again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg where's the tissues?! Thank you so much for writing such a lovely piece about me and now I can't see the keyboard properly through the tears. Love you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a beautiful post, It's so wonderful to hear about your friendship and how you've helped each other. It was definitely a good move getting Lou blogging too, I love her blog (and yours!). Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh blimey is Lou from Lou's Lake views your sis in law?I think I keep forgetting that. So brilliant you found each other again. One of my best friends lives in Oz now and

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, lovely post - I'm off to find a tissue now :) I love Lou's blog (and yours!) - I'm glad you got her started :) #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a warm, wonderful post! So glad you refound your close relationship despite being so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea you were family! Followed both blogs for a long time and totally missed this! Lovely post x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, it's so lovely to find that you are still friends despite the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely relationship! Thank heavens for Skype, we keep in touch with my sister and Sean's parents weekly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Bloggerversary to her! What a lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely, lovely post. She sounds lovely, and a blogger too! So glad she got you into it, and that you are still in such good contact. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...