Wednesday, 13 November 2013

A Younger Me

1986

A Younger me was crazy about Madonna, fancied Nick Kamen, watched Pat Benatar's video over & over, wanted to be a fashion designer, told everyone that one day I will write a book, kept a diary religiously, went to church, was a Mormon, partied hard, got grounded, smoked on the top deck of the bus, got grounded, bunked off school, got grounded, loved my 5 little Brothers with all my heart, would fight anyone who upset them, prayed every night, gave Thanks for my food, got drunk, run away from home, begged for my dad's attention, never got it, cried myself to sleep, worked in a poodle parlour, on Romford market and in Dolcis. I loved Christmas, King's night club, lace in my hair, bangles up my arms, hairspray, black nail varnish and blue eyeliner. I was a wild child, made loads of mistakes and learnt a lot about life.

13 comments:

  1. Love the photo and the info. about the wild side of you - I too had the whole blue eyeliner / eye shadow thing going on back then - never again! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photo - love it! I also loved Madonna and wore lace in my hair, but instead of bangles it was leather due to my obsession with Morten Harket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very eventful youth! Fab pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - I can really relate to this photo and your post! I was there but with peroxide blonde hair instead. Mind you I got kicked out rather than running away, but that's a whole different story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture and time slip back to the 80's. I was a fraction younger so not so wild but the fashion was a part of my life...lipstick that changed colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture and after all you was you! You had bad and good but you reached the other side xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo, I too went wild when I was young. Now I'm Mrs Sensible!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture, and the poster of Nic Camen behind you! I think a can of hairspray was obligatory in those days! We certainly did our bit to deplete the ozone layer in my school! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What a life is in this post! A little slice of the 80s - wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifull poured onto the page....thank you - great shot - feel sad about not getting your dads attention..dad's from an older generation were so much harder to connect with weren't they? Or will our men become those dads one day....hope not

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic post, Emma. Learning about life is so important, and learning from our mistakes too.
    PS: Nick Kamen! What a blast from the past! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post. Photo compliments it perfectly. Absolutely fab x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! That's a great photo of you... that's what your teenage years are supposed to be about, going a bit wild and getting grounded (all the time). I had short cropped asymmetric hair too.... and the electric blue mascara :o). X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...