Monday, 7 October 2013

Rocking Our Way To France In 88


It was September 1988 and I had been seeing Papa Syder (on the right) for five months, living with him for three. That year Mum took Me, Papa and my five younger Brothers over to France to stay at Center Parcs for two whole weeks. I can't even begin to express how excited we were as we all piled into the back of the Family mini bus. I headed straight for the back seat, my headphones hooked over my head, personal stereo on full wack, I rested my head against the window as Def Leopard rocked my world.

We arrived at Dover two hours later, boarded the ferry and couldn't wait to explore the boat. The boys headed straight for the restaurant and I felt a little uneasy as I watched them devour a full English, followed by cheap chocolate from the duty free. I had a funny feeling they might regret pigging out. And they did. As the boat rocked and swayed, so did their breakfast inside their tummies. All they could do to ease the sickness was sit out on deck in silence. My Brother (on the left) really didn't look too good at all. Not sure they appreciated me pointing a camera in their faces at that precise moment, but hey, I knew it would be funny to look back on one day.

11 comments:

  1. Lol I've been sea sick once and it was not pleasant so I feel their pain lol lol
    Love old memories a picture brings it all back xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the sea lol. Great capture to look back on from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post, love the story and the photo is awesome. You're right definitely a great one to look back on. Bet they felt so ropey on that boat, it's the worst feeling! Was wondering what happened to Deff Leppard but they probably just got older! Such a great post, thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I have a picture of the same kind of journey and it would have been taken in about 87! lol Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know that feeling from travelling to France on a boat too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless them, they do look peaky. As always with your posts I feel like I was right there with while reading it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really do not look too good! Enjoyed your story. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bless them, it sounds awful. At least you had the fore thought not to pig out! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, funny memory. Probably not much fun at the time! Feeling sick is dreadful when there's no escape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seasickness is so horrid.... don't envy them at all. Fab memory - bet that was a fab holiday. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...