Monday, 14 October 2013

Retro Sideboard Makeover - Before & After


Back in July I managed to get my hands on a fab retro sideboard for £15 from Facebook Sales and over the summer Papa Syder and I worked some magic and gave it a makeover, just like we did on our retro dresser.


We gave it a gentle rub down, a couple of coats of primer and three coats of white satin wood. Hubby also had to cut out a slot in the top drawer to accommodate the sky box. As a modern family our sideboard is being used as a place to store our telly gadgets. We left the handles in their original teak and kept the original handles on the drawers.


I love the result. Its fresh, modern and  fits in perfectly with my lounge. 

What do you think?





15 comments:

  1. It looks super! My hub is a great helper, but he never would do this kind of work. Be proud of your hubby! Have a good week. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I'm very grateful that Hubby will help me with these types of projects, bless him xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, I LOVE it Emma! How beautiful. Personally, I would've kept it in the timber finish to fit in my place but I love the white. Can you find me another one and send it over? Been looking for ages. LOL

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I was tempted to keep it wood but it matches better in white in the room. I wish I could send you one over Anne, I often spot them here xxx

      Delete
  3. Love it em ! Do you remember Nan's ?
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That looks fantastic!! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous! The special Sky box slot is such a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fabulous and so much more character than the usual TV console stands. Great job.

    ps We had that green rug in our last house - I loved it, wish we'd decorated in that colour again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesomeness! I love how you have fitted the sky box in too, that has been the one thing stopping me from moving from taking the telly back off the wall ( which I hate being on the wall but made sense when Kit and Oz were toddlers). I can find sideboards that are big enough for the tv but not for the box too. Oh you have given me the biggest boost of inspiration now. Papasaurus better watch out tomorrow - ebay here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fabulous (thought about starting a business in furniture make over?). Where you have fitted the sky box is nothing short of genius! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a transformation, looks great, would love to have a go at up cycling like that, think you have just convinced me to give it a go. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...