Monday, 21 October 2013

Our First Kiss


It was April 1988 the first time that I kissed him. We were both seventeen. I had met him six months before and I'm not joking it was love at first sight for both of us. When I first saw him I noticed his gorgeous green eyes as he flicked back his long bleach blonde fringe, I leant towards my best mate and whispered "OMG, I'm in love!" I didn't know he had the same feeling toward me and for the next few months he tried to build up the courage to speak to me. But, I moved back home so didn't see him for a while and I forgot about him. Then a few months later we saw each other again, this time we become friends and started hanging out every day. He told me "I never thought I'd see you again". We totally clicked, but in the end it was actually our friend Maggie who pushed us together. Within two weeks of that first kiss we were living together and engaged six weeks after that.

Twenty five years later I'm still madly in love with him. He makes me laugh like no other person I have ever met and I fancy him like mad. I'm so glad we had that first kiss, he is the love of my life.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this has made me go goose-bumpy all over! A real life love story. Beautiful. PS Loving the 80s look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is just so so lovely! And what a gorgeous pic! Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely! Proof that love at first sight does exist, and you're still going strong so many years later - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic story! I do love a happy ending! #what'sthestory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh such a lovely sweet story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww so sweet, nothing like a beautiful story to brighten up a dreary monday, thanks for making me smile today xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just wonderful, what an amazing story - like Lou it made me smile a lot! Love the photo too, reminds of 1988 funnily enough. Thank you so much for sharing #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, goosebumps! What a lovely story x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow, goosebumps! What a lovely story xx #WhatstheStory

    ReplyDelete
  10. D'aww you GUYS!! how adorable is this story and how lucky you are to have met the live of your life! #whatsthestory x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet runs in the family Kevin and I 35 yrs next year. Nan and granddad past ruby 40-5o ?? lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love hearing your 'how we got together' stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just wonderful.... made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You reap what you sow, and you have both clearly put so much work and love into your relationship. Much respect. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...