Friday, 27 September 2013

Thrifty Plus Size - One Dress, Two looks


It's been ages since I lasted posted about my Thrifty Plus Size Fashion finds and now Autumn is upon us I thought I'd fire the series up again, kick starting with a simple investment piece tunic dress from Simply Be. This tunic is £25 and comes in UK sizes 14 - 34 in a choice of three colours - Black, Red & Blue. Simply Be set us a challenge of creating two thrifty looks from the one tunic. Fellow blogger A Thrifty Mrs is also taking part in the challenge, so please be sure to pop over and check out her looks for the same dress, I know she will come up with something fab.


This dress is so comfortable. I really like the loose jersey fabric and the fact that it doesn't cling to me and show off my curvy bumps. I also love the fact that it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion and the accessories used. Oh and so affordable, I just love it.


For my casual look I wore black leggings and added a bright red belt to the tunic, which instantly gave me some shape. I wore a red necklace that I found on sale in New Look and a red rain mac that I found in a charity shop for £2. The mac did originally have plain buttons but I changed them to red polka dot ones to give the mac a new, fresh look. The boots are from Simply Be and are extra wide, so they are really comfy. They are bang on trend, great value for £45 and will be this years winter boots that I will get loads of wear from.


For look number two I went for a smarter look, something for the pub or a meal out with Hubby. I wore a pair of snakeskin leggings from Simply Be and slipped on my favourite nude heels, (wide fitting) from Debenhams. The bat winged nude cardi was in the sale in New Look. I added a black belt that I found at the charity shop and the bangle and bag were from Primark, £3 each.


What do you think? Which look do you prefer?




*I was sent a tunic dress free of charge for the purpose of this review and challenge. I was also compensated with items from Simply Be. My thoughts and opinions are entirely my own and totally unbiased.

5 comments:

  1. You're so inventive and creative... doesn't matter what you do, whether you turn your attention to your home or clothes, you just add magic. I love your take on the casual look, but then I would as I am Mrs Casual anyway.... liking those boots! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you, such a lovely comment. I am more casual myself, and the boots are so comfy xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow loving all all your looks, great pictures. Loving the red jacket and ankle boots :)

    Thanks for joining us at the weekend hop, love reading your fashion post, I would love you to link up tomorrow for my Share youir style Saturday blog hop, if you can :)

    Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, I'd love to join in xxx

      Delete
  3. I love both looks, amazing they are the same tunic underneath as they are both so different. I love the classy nude smart look but the red casual one looks fabulous with your colouring xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...