Monday, 30 September 2013

Thrifty Gift Basket Idea - Welcome To Your New Home


I love putting together gift baskets for Friends and Family. They can be as cheap or as expensive as you like depending on your budget. You know me, I'm super thrifty so I love thrifty ideas for gifts that my gorgeous recipients will be thrilled to receive.

A lovely present to give is a 'Welcome To Your New Home' hamper. I've moved house a few times and it is such a stressful and exhausting experience, so I like to give my friends a basket full of goodies that will make that first evening in their new home a little easier. They so deserve a treat at the end of the day to look forward to. I usually look out for baskets while I'm at the charity shop, just like the one above that I got for £4, or I buy plastic baskets from Ikea, Argos or my favourites are in Asda - 3 for £3! Bargain.


Some Idea's To Fill Your 'New Home' Hamper.
  • A home makeover/decorating magazine
  • Tea Bags, Coffee and hot chocolate - I always put in the sachets that already have milk.
  • Milk/cream sachets/pods
  • Biscuits
  • Cake
  • Sweets/chocolate
  • An air freshener
  • Washing up liquid
  • Dish cloth
  • Pretty Print Loo Rolls
  • A scented candle
  • Bottle of Plonk
  • Cups
  • A teapot
  • Fruit juice
  • Tea towels
  • Bubble Bath

Any other ideas? I'd love to hear them.


5 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Proper wicker baskets from charity shops can be great bargains, I'm always on the look out. Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so thoughtful. When we moved into this house the old owners had left us a bottle of wine which was much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so super sweet. What lucky friends you have! I would maybe add some cleaning wipes, loo roll in there. You never know! Also the offer to help clean- I love cleaning other people's mess rather than my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab idea, it looks lovely! I'd add a pair of marigolds too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...