Friday, 13 September 2013

Retro Dresser Makeover - Before And After




I'm really into up-cycling old furniture, I love pieces from the 1960's/70's and a couple of months ago I picked up 1960's wooden dresser from my local antique market for £50. It was love at first sight. I really like it's dainty size and shape.




Thankfully we had a very dry summer as I knew this would take me some time to paint. Over three days I had it sat on my deck in my garden while I gave it a very light sanding, then two coats of undercoat and three coats of a white satin paint. The cubby holes were the most time consuming, but I persevered with it as I knew it would look fabulous when finished. I also wanted to keep the handles in their original colour so I had to paint around these areas with an extra steady hand.



I love the finished result. Its a good, strong, very useful piece of furniture and I'm glad I could re-use and re-love it.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a transformation! It looks so cool. Bet it was hard work but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! Especially the handle, great call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow! That looks fab! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic, well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great, I really like that you've kept the handles the original colour x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just fantastic.... you're so good at this! It looks so fresh and brand new! X.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...