Monday, 2 September 2013

It's Been Seven Years Since I last Saw My Mum


This week, seven years ago I said goodbye to my Mum for the last time. This is the last photo of her ever taken, just a few months before she passed away. It is Mum, Nan, Me and our Granddaughter. We were at my Cousins wedding reception and we all had an amazing time. Mum smiled all night, even though she had recently had to cut off her beautiful thick black hair into a crop, She had just finished a gruelling round of chemo, and I knew she didn't feel her best physically but she was so happy to be surrounded by everyone in her Family. 

It was a bittersweet moment as we knew that for lots of people that night, it was their chance to say goodbye. Goodbye to our wonderfully courageous Mum who is missed every minute of every day.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like it was a hugely emotional evening, I'm sure you remember it well. I'll be thinking of you this week. Thank you for sharing such a special photograph #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful ladies (and a beautiful little lady) in this photograph.
    These snapshots become so important when we lose the people within them...
    I lost my mum two years ago... I know how you feel and I will be thinking of you and yours today. Thank you for sharing. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo with such a sad story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo Emma, you all look so happy! I will think of you this week Big Hug! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and poignant image that captures the generations so well and at such a difficult time. Wonderful that you have this memory to keep with you forever. Take care this week as you remember. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emma, sending you lots of hugs. I still have my Mum, but not my Dad. I know how you feel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a tough week that's for sure. I love this photo though of four generations of lovely girls not many people are lucky enough to have that moment xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful photograph, and beautiful words to describe what must have been both a happy yet poignant occasion. Sending you lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...