Monday, 16 September 2013

Happy 18th Birthday Baby Girl!


Last week we celebrated our middle Daughters 18th Birthday. This photo was taken a few hours after her birth. I had C-Sections with all four of my kids, and in this photo I had just been wheeled down to the ward from theatre. My first two births I was knocked out so wasn't really quite 'with it' straight after the birth, but with my 3rd and 4th births I decided to stay awake for the operations and it really was the best decision, as it meant I was much more alert after giving birth. 

My two eldest are boys so we were really excited that our third was a girl and I could finally buy lots of pink stuff. I grew up with five Brothers so I was desperate for some pink in my life and this little girl has certainly filled our life with that. You couldn't get a more 'girlie girl.'

This little girl has grown into a beautiful, bright, kind, gentle and creative young woman and we are immensely proud of her. Happy 18th to our Baby Girl!


11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. Happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post and look at your daughter now! Must be incredible seeing her as an 18 year old! Hope she's had a fabulous birthday. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatsthestory

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so gorgeous, hard to understand where those years have gone. Hope she had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your beautiful Daughter -she clearly takes after her Mother . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really beautiful! Happy birthday to your daughter. I'm glad you finally got some pink in your life - it sounds like you were definitely due some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a lovely post. Happy birthday to your girl. And well done you for being such an excellent mummy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful daughter you have! Happy birthday, and love both photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A proud moment for any Mum! A growth to adulthood that's passed in the blink of an eye, I'll bet....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely post... I am not surprised you are so proud. From everything I have read about your life, you have brought up your children so well - they all sound lovely. I hope she had a wonderful birthday. X.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...