Thursday, 29 August 2013

A #HeartySlice Of Chocolate Heaven - Millionaire Shortbread Recipe



I love Millionaire shortbread. It is one of my most favourite treats and it is so easy to make, cheap too if you are on a bit of a budget. When the lovely people over at Find Me A Gift sent me one of their I Heart Baking cake mould I was eager to try it out, especially as whatever I use the mould for will be entered into a prize draw to win £100 of baking goodies. How exciting!

At first, I did consider baking a coffee & walnut cake but as soon as I saw the mould I instantly knew that it would be absolutely perfect for Millionaire Shortbread. I love that this brightly coloured silicone mould that is shaped like a giant flower, actually cuts up into six individual heart shaped slices. How clever!


What You Need


The Base
  • 55g Caster sugar
  • 115g Softened Butter
  • 170g Self raising flour

The Caramel Filling
  • 397g Tin of condensed milk
  • 115g Butter
  • 115g Caster sugar
  • 2tbsp Golden syrup

The Chocolate Topping
  • 200g Plain or Milk Chocolate
  •  Maltesers

Method For Base
1.Preheat your oven to 350/180/gas mark 4.
2. In a bowl cream together the base butter and sugar until it is nice and creamy. Gradually add the flour and mix with a spoon until it sticks together and forms a dough like consistency.
3. Using your hands spread the dough over the base of your mould and bake for about 20 minutes or until it looks a light golden brown.

Method for Caramel Centre
1. In a saucepan empty the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup.
2. Bring to the boil on a low heat, stirring continuously.
3. It will start to thicken and turn a darker brown. Let it bubble for about ten minute's. Keep stirring.
4. Pour over the cooled base and spread.
Method For The Topping.
1. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the cooled caramel.
2. Carefully place your maltesers into the chocolate after it has set for about five minutes.
3. Once cooled, cut into heart shaped pieces and enjoy. 
*I was sent a I Heart Cake mould free of charge for the purpose of this review. I have received no financial reward and all opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this recipe - I will give it a go as my daughters love millionaire shortbread :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks incredible! *ditches diet*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cakes looks amazing! Beats my boring Victoria sponge hands down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh yes please! Got any left?? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspired me and I just made one and it's setting in the fridge as I type! Unfortunately it's not the lovely shape of your one. I need to find out if I can get a mould like that over here in Canada they would go down so well especially around Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...