Wednesday, 17 July 2013

The Gallery - Into The Archives

Mum & Uncle T

When my Nan died in 2011, I received no family photo's from my Aunt & Uncle. They sorted through Nan's many family albums and shared them out between three siblings, forgetting there was once a fourth, my Mum. I know Nan must have had lots of photo's of our Family, but we received not one.

It hurt that we were so easily pushed to one side, but I guess because my mum was no longer around, her children were not in their thoughts, we were no longer important.

Thankfully though, my Mum's sibling (Uncle T) who was not in charge of distributing photographs, did think of us and he sent me some of his fabulous photo's of a family holiday, taken during the 1950's.
Mum looks so happy and was obviously enjoying her holiday.




Nan, Grandad, Mum, her siblings and the family dog (Mum in the middle)

Mum Front right

Mum on the right with the big cheesy grin - She always did like a holiday.

Mum with our Aunt Pink (Nan's Sister)


15 comments:

  1. Great photos and Lands End must have been a really good trip! Love your mums cheesy grin, she looks very happy there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. I'm loving the boys' basin haircuts! Hope you've got a safe archive for all this family treasure!! Just shout if I can help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Glad your Uncle thought of you and sent them to you. Always nice to have photos of the family from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does look so happy. It's kind of sad really, knowing what the future held for her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved looking at these! i love it when my brothers and sister and our parents get together and have a good old giggle and rummage through old photos of our holidays etc. good times xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos. So sad that most of the family forgot about you, but good to have these few precious reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely photos, and how happy everyone looks! You are so like your mother to look at! I just love those sombreros!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very sad when you get forgotten by family, but you have some great photos from uncle T that you can cherish. Thank you for sharing them with us they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love looking at old photos. I used to think that the world was black and white because their photos weren't in colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww i am so sorry they were so thoughtless! but i am so glad at least your uncle gave you these very special pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that you don't have more photos - but this set is just wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I haven't commented for ages - I am woefully behind on everything, so busy, and the whole blogging thing has taken a hit. What wonderful pictures! I can see the strong resemblance between you and your mum! X.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! These are lovely :) We have some old pics I'll have to dig out and show you, in the pic with Aunt Pinky and the one above, is that David on the left? Hope you're well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex. Yes, thats David. They spent a lot of holidays together. I would be thrilled with any family photo's that you could send me. Thanks so much, really appreciated xxx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...