Thursday, 25 July 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Another hot week here in Essex, like really, really hot, so hot it felt quite tropical, especially after walking outside from an air conditioned room. I cant actually remember it being this warm, for many years. Love it, although I'm glad I have an air con unit that cools me down.

1. It was my birthday and I got a butterfly tattoo. I had some work done on my sleeve by a tattooist who I used to babysit back in the 80's. I'm very pleased with it. Lovely birthday treat from Papa Syder.


2. We caught a privet hawk moth. We found it at the bottom of the garden along with a small swarm of them. At first we screamed a bit, as they were massive, at least 6 inches long. We managed to catch one so we could get a better look at it. Fascinating, and very pretty in an ugly kind of way. 

Privet moth up against an android tablet
3. I picked up another retro bargain. After decorating our lounge we were in need of some new furniture and I wanted 1960's retro furniture. Last week I managed to get my hands on a retro dresser and this week a sideboard. I love it. Bargain for £15. It really made me smile.



4. It rained and the garden loved it! We had a noisy, thundery storm and the following morning the back garden felt lovely and refreshed. It was so needed and cooled the air down beautifully.



How has your week been?


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


16 comments:

  1. That is one huge moth! Lovely garden x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. All of it lovely, although I'm sure I would have squealed a bit with a moth that size flying round! You got a total bargain there for £15!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dresser, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly tattoo, it's really pretty. Wow, can't believe the size of that moth It's HUGE, I think I may have squealed too! Another great find with the dresser, you're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Sounds like you're having a good week!
    I love the tattoo & the dresser x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep we got the rain last night too and it has been so much more bearable today. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in your garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love your garden. I got a new tattoo too, yours is lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This truly is the year of the moth isn't it? Loads of them about! Sounds like a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tattoo. I"d love another one but can't decide what. That moth looks scary well done for getting so close to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love the pics of your garden, but you can keep the moth pictures, thank you very much!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice tattoo. My friend Kat has a butterfly n her wrist, which I always admire. The moth is amazing! We have had rain too, thank goodness -it's all been a bit too hot for a delicate flower like me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh and Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Love the tattoo, I have one on my top left shoulder that needs redoing, and I want to get one done on my navel to celebrate where Little A popped out from. That moth is incredible - never seen one of those before! X.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated birthday wishes.
    Love the tattoo. One of my recent ones was a butterfly too :-)
    Your garden looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always sound like you have a full and interesting life. Belated Happy Birthday and go you with the tattoo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...