Thursday, 18 July 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Its been a scorching week in here in Essex and I've even caught the sun from spending all my time in the garden. Every now and then I've been forced to retreat into the house to cool down. I don't like to feel too hot and I keep splashing my feet with water from my red watering can as I water my baskets.


1. The lovely weather - This means the garden is thriving and I get to spend lots of time outside gardening, eating and relaxing. The sunny weather invigorates me.

2. Bargains - I picked up a gorgeous retro dresser for my lounge for £50 last weekend. I plan on painting it white with Annie Sloane chalk paint and dressing it with vintage finds. I also found Lavatera for sale at a car boot sale for £2.50 each and some wicker hanging baskets - a fiver for 5!

3. Family History - We travelled out to Stisted in Essex to research some Syder family history. It is a beautiful village in the countryside and I was blown away to meet people in the local church who knew Hubby's Great Great Grandparents. Whilst there we visited their graves of my children's ancestors and the cottage where Papa Syder's Great Grandmother was raised. It was such a satisfying experience.



How Has Your Week Been?


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week, jealous of your weather right now, it's too hot here to be outside during the day. Your bargains hunting skills always amaze me, you are so like you mum in that way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dresser is stunning! good find.
    I love the pictures of your garden, was showing my family last night and we all agreed we would love to be sat in it with you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good week :)
    Lovely pictures =) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh some great finds there, what an interesting week you have had. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a fabulous week, amazing weather. Your dresser is going to look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new dresser is going to look amazing by the time you have finished with it... you will need to update us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy week! Look forward to seeing the refurbished dresser.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...