Thursday, 4 July 2013

Reasons To Be Cheerful

We received some bad news last night regarding a close and very loved family member, that led to a restless sleep of tossing and turning. This morning I am sitting here with my coffee and I'm staring at the title of my blog post 'Reasons to be Cheerful' and I think to myself that even though I'm still trying to process upsetting news, it is times like this when Michelle's blog hop is especially important to help us remain focused on the positive.
 

1. I met the lovely Jayne from 'Mums The Word' on Monday, as I collected my BIB award. Jayne is one of my favourite bloggers, and I was so thrilled to discover that she is just as fab as I imagined her to be. My award sits proudly on my fireplace and I smile every time I look at it.

2. I picked my first raspberries from the garden yesterday and they were delicious. I only planted them last autumn so I'm thrilled to see how well they have produced this summer.

3. My eldest Daughter is finishing up her first year of college and I'm so proud of how well she has done. When we first started on our home school journey, we were a little anxious about whether or not it was the right decision. We have been very lucky that her college tutors have been amazing and full of support.We are looking forward to year two.






How's Your Week Been?


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


10 comments:

  1. Popped over from the Linky!

    Great to reasons especially number 3 as I'm home-educating my daughter & yesterday had a wobbly day as whether I'm doing the right thing, always good to read it's worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! :) x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, nice post and great blog. Followed you, hope you can check back and maybe follow back?

    xoxo

    http://zanesaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the upsetting news gets better.
    Otherwise, such lovely reading. Well done to your daughter x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never participated in "reasons to be cheerful" for the same reason you give at the beginning of this post - but just by you owning up to feeling the same, but STILL looking for reasons to be cheerful has made me decide to bite the bullet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've had some bad news but well done for focusing on the positives regardless. Well done on Eldest daughters college achievements, it's a great validation of your homeschooling. Congrats to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your bad news, but as always, you see the silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you can still be so positive even though you have something and someone to worry about. I do hope all will be well. Congrats to your daughter, that's brilliant news! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh your daughter is a stunning, she looks very at home in your hidey hole. Sorry to hear about your relative.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your news.... But congratulations to your beautiful daughter! XXX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...